Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need Some Help With Strange Setup
nic4710
post Mar 22 2013, 05:41 AM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 20,392

Here's my dilema.. I'm setting up a controller for an aquarium. Yep aquarium. It has a feature where it can email me if something goes wrong. The only problem I am having is with it sending out emails. Of course everything I've tried doesn't work, and with no real help from the manufacturer yet, I'm banging my head against the wall. I'm very, very new to computer stuff, but the people I do talk to, say that its the smtp server problem I'm having.....

So with that out of the way, what is the outgoing smtp server...as well as the ports?

Sorry to be so vague, but my mind is all over the place with this.

Thanks in advance
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Laurie004
post Mar 22 2013, 08:03 AM
Post #2

Group: NetSol Staff
Member No.: 6,344

QUOTE (nic4710 @ Mar 22 2013, 06:41 AM) *
Here's my dilema.. I'm setting up a controller for an aquarium. Yep aquarium. It has a feature where it can email me if something goes wrong. The only problem I am having is with it sending out emails. Of course everything I've tried doesn't work, and with no real help from the manufacturer yet, I'm banging my head against the wall. I'm very, very new to computer stuff, but the people I do talk to, say that its the smtp server problem I'm having.....

So with that out of the way, what is the outgoing smtp server...as well as the ports?

Sorry to be so vague, but my mind is all over the place with this.

Thanks in advance

I am sorry to hear that you were experiencing issues with your aquarium. It sounds like a nice feature to have. If you are using Network Solutions email, the outgoing settings are to authenticate using the full email address (name@domain.ext) and password. No SSL is on port 587 or 2525. Server would be mail.domain.ext or smtp.domain.ext (replace domain.ext with your actual domain).

+Quote Post
nic4710
post Mar 22 2013, 03:30 PM
Post #3

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 20,392

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!!!

QUOTE (Laurie004 @ Mar 22 2013, 09:03 AM) *
I am sorry to hear that you were experiencing issues with your aquarium. It sounds like a nice feature to have. If you are using Network Solutions email, the outgoing settings are to authenticate using the full email address (name@domain.ext) and password. No SSL is on port 587 or 2525. Server would be mail.domain.ext or smtp.domain.ext (replace domain.ext with your actual domain).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 25th September 2017 - 01:37 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates