Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nsmail Access Following Dns Change?
khveiusa1
post Jan 11 2013, 02:17 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 19,857

I am trying to determine if we will still be able to access NSMail via webmail using an IP address or some other method once we make a DNS/nameserver change. I have submitted a support ticker regarding this question but have not yet received a response and wondered if anyone here might know the answer.

Basically, we are moving website and email to another host, but leaving domain registered with Network Solutions. And we have paid for several more years of hosting here at NS, so I assume we can still access files and email as long we don't "cancel" the account. Once the nameserver is changed, mail.domain.com will point to new server and will not get us to the NSmail server, so I am wondering how we can access messages that may still be there...?

Any information would be appreciated. I plan to make the DNS/nameserver changes this afternoon, and am just looking for some reassurance that we can get to any email messages that may come in during the propagation transition. (Maybe this is just a paranoid, unjustified concern, but I have been asked by management several time regarding this issue).

Thanks!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ffflll
post Apr 18 2013, 07:34 PM
Post #2

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 20,610

I have the same question, and also submitted a support ticket but it wasn't answered. Anyone?

khveiusa1 have you found an answer?

I still have a year left with my hosting plan with NS but my plan is to eventually stop subscribing to it and keep renewing only my NS domain. I suspect that the solution to that is to upgrade nsMail to nsMail Pro business account which seems to make it independent of the hosting package. However I'm guessing from the info I could find, but I'm not sure.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 23rd November 2017 - 01:13 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates