Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sending A Broadcast Message
ricp
post May 16 2013, 05:29 AM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 5,574

Hi

I have about 40 email addresses in my domain and using Nsmail. I have been sending broadcast emails to groups of these addresses which pertain to the important work of our organization. For the most part, this has been working successfully for us. Recently, I am unable to send broadcasts but I can email individual addresses. This loss of functionality is a real concern as we have become completely reliant on this mode of communication within our organization. Some time ago, something similar transpired and I eventually learned that the mailing system presumed these broadcasts as spam and consequentially refused delivery. The issue was corrected by the support team and there have been no hitches until now. That's was perhaps 3 years ago. I am hoping that there is explanation and similar recourse for this present event.

Does anyone know whether there is a recipient limit in a single message and what it might be ? Also, is there a public spammer or block list that I might query to see if my address or my ip happen to be listed badly in so far as Nsmail is concerned ?

Any help would be much appreciated

Thank you

Wanda
IT Support
Georgetown school district
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Laurie004
post May 16 2013, 07:48 AM
Post #2

Group: NetSol Staff
Member No.: 6,344

The limit is 100 per email. Be careful not to send so many messages in a row that would cause an impact to other customers. I recommend contacting support to check for a block on the senders IP or the reason if blocked as spam. Provide a specific example that includes date, senders address and recipients address.

QUOTE (ricp @ May 16 2013, 06:29 AM) *
Hi

I have about 40 email addresses in my domain and using Nsmail. I have been sending broadcast emails to groups of these addresses which pertain to the important work of our organization. For the most part, this has been working successfully for us. Recently, I am unable to send broadcasts but I can email individual addresses. This loss of functionality is a real concern as we have become completely reliant on this mode of communication within our organization. Some time ago, something similar transpired and I eventually learned that the mailing system presumed these broadcasts as spam and consequentially refused delivery. The issue was corrected by the support team and there have been no hitches until now. That's was perhaps 3 years ago. I am hoping that there is explanation and similar recourse for this present event.

Does anyone know whether there is a recipient limit in a single message and what it might be ? Also, is there a public spammer or block list that I might query to see if my address or my ip happen to be listed badly in so far as Nsmail is concerned ?

Any help would be much appreciated

Thank you

Wanda
IT Support
Georgetown school district

+Quote Post
ricp
post May 18 2013, 06:29 AM
Post #3

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 5,574

QUOTE (Laurie004 @ May 16 2013, 08:48 AM) *
The limit is 100 per email. Be careful not to send so many messages in a row that would cause an impact to other customers. I recommend contacting support to check for a block on the senders IP or the reason if blocked as spam. Provide a specific example that includes date, senders address and recipients address.

Thank you Laurie. As it turns out I had to call in to get some answers. The support staff eventually decided that it would be better to whitelist broadcast within domain. Now that that is done, the functionality is available again.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 22nd September 2017 - 06:28 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates