Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sending Email Says It Sent, But It Did Not Send
jjtt
post Mar 28 2014, 11:56 AM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 22,639

What's worse than an program that crashes? It is One that give bad data.

We have been sending important, time sensitive emails, but the recipients report that they are not receiving them. So I sent myself an email message, using the webmail client in my browser. It says me email was sent, but it never shows up in my inbox.

If anyone else sends me emails, they all show up in my inbox.

I call support. They say the outbound message is blocked. They don't know why. They do some kind of a reset and tell me to try in a few hours.

Next day, same problem. I call support. They tell me my email is disabled because an email account in my domain is not using a password that meets all the rules. (Shouldn't it stop you from setting a password that breaks the rules?). I reset all passwords on all mailboxes.

Still cannot send, but I still can receive emails.

2 questions:
1. Shouldn't I, as the administrator and domain owner, receive some kind of notification about my account status if it gets suspended/disabled?
2. What can I do?

I have people who are sending college papers to there professors, and losing credit for their work. I have people sending important time sensitive information to potential customers. We are paying for these email addresses. I need this fixed.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Laurie004
post Mar 28 2014, 12:54 PM
Post #2

Group: NetSol Staff
Member No.: 6,344

Please create a ticket through your account manager and send it to me and I will investigate.
QUOTE (jjtt @ Mar 28 2014, 12:56 PM) *
What's worse than an program that crashes? It is One that give bad data.

We have been sending important, time sensitive emails, but the recipients report that they are not receiving them. So I sent myself an email message, using the webmail client in my browser. It says me email was sent, but it never shows up in my inbox.

If anyone else sends me emails, they all show up in my inbox.

I call support. They say the outbound message is blocked. They don't know why. They do some kind of a reset and tell me to try in a few hours.

Next day, same problem. I call support. They tell me my email is disabled because an email account in my domain is not using a password that meets all the rules. (Shouldn't it stop you from setting a password that breaks the rules?). I reset all passwords on all mailboxes.

Still cannot send, but I still can receive emails.

2 questions:
1. Shouldn't I, as the administrator and domain owner, receive some kind of notification about my account status if it gets suspended/disabled?
2. What can I do?

I have people who are sending college papers to there professors, and losing credit for their work. I have people sending important time sensitive information to potential customers. We are paying for these email addresses. I need this fixed.

+Quote Post
canvernet
post Apr 14 2014, 10:38 AM
Post #3

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 22,730

I have the same problem using MacMail. Everything was working all right (for years! ) and some weeks ago I realized that I wasn't sending e-mails, well apparently I was sending them but they were never delivered ... and they appeared as sent in my MacMail.
I checked the configuration and the problem persists. Same thing with my smartphone in this case with Android. I can receive but cannot send.

Please I need a solution for this problem.

+Quote Post
Laurie004
post Apr 18 2014, 12:18 PM
Post #4

Group: NetSol Staff
Member No.: 6,344

QUOTE (canvernet @ Apr 14 2014, 11:38 AM) *
I have the same problem using MacMail. Everything was working all right (for years! ) and some weeks ago I realized that I wasn't sending e-mails, well apparently I was sending them but they were never delivered ... and they appeared as sent in my MacMail.
I checked the configuration and the problem persists. Same thing with my smartphone in this case with Android. I can receive but cannot send.

Please I need a solution for this problem.

Your SMTP might be suspended, I recommend contacting support so they can check. Changing your mailbox password will remove the suspension if it is a first offense.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 23rd November 2017 - 01:14 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates