Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Trouble Synching Incoming Mail With Ios Mail App
aldofalla
post May 10 2014, 09:13 AM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 22,831

ok...let me start by saying that I'm fairly familiar with email setup but this one has me stumped. I own my domain with NS and use nsMail's imap server for my every day mail....no trouble whatsoever on my desktop clients but for the last few weeks my iOS clients started going nuts and became unable to sync my inbox folder....outbox worked fine and I had not done any changes to the settings I can think of.....so here's what I've done since to try to correct this issue.

-deleted account and re-added numerous times -no luck
-rebooted device multiple times - no luck
-loaded settings on alternate iOS devices -same inability to sync inbox
-changed SSL/port settings - no luck
-installed 3rd party mail client on iOS device (cloudmagic) - works fine
-switched apple's iOS mail client to pop - works fine

currently my incoming settings are:
SSL: NO
Authentication: Password
Server Port:143

after happily using Cloud Magic email I decided to play around with my incoming ports on the iOS email client again last night and switched to 993, mail synched but after the initial synch it keeps giving me a pop up saying that my "mail server is not responding. Verify that you have entered the correct account info in Mail setting", which I know I correct but I've verified and re-entered numerous times...the strange thing is that as I refresh my mail and right before I get that pop up I see a "downloading 11 messages" on the bottom of the screen but then I just get the pop up.

any ideas?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kencantoo
post May 15 2014, 01:28 PM
Post #2

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 4,847

Our email is doing the same thing on our iPhones, we didn't change anything it just stopped working one day. We took the same steps that you did. It shows that there is mail in the box, but there are no new emails to view. We'd really like to have this fixed ASAP.

QUOTE (aldofalla @ May 10 2014, 10:13 AM) *
ok...let me start by saying that I'm fairly familiar with email setup but this one has me stumped. I own my domain with NS and use nsMail's imap server for my every day mail....no trouble whatsoever on my desktop clients but for the last few weeks my iOS clients started going nuts and became unable to sync my inbox folder....outbox worked fine and I had not done any changes to the settings I can think of.....so here's what I've done since to try to correct this issue.

-deleted account and re-added numerous times -no luck
-rebooted device multiple times - no luck
-loaded settings on alternate iOS devices -same inability to sync inbox
-changed SSL/port settings - no luck
-installed 3rd party mail client on iOS device (cloudmagic) - works fine
-switched apple's iOS mail client to pop - works fine

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 19th November 2017 - 10:34 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates