Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Any Way To Use A "test" Server?
BrianSmith
post Sep 4 2012, 04:39 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 18,270

We have recently completed set up and we're ready to launch our site.

I have a merchant account with eSelect Canada, and I've plugged our merchant ID and token API into the system. However, I do not see the option to select which server we use with them.

I'm looking for a way to use their test server (The server will act as though it's processing a transaction, but never actually does anything to the card) to check the flow and such with our website and make sure everything is working as expected.. does NS give the option to use the test servers? Does it switch automatically use the test server when in preview mode?

Just looking for any insight into this. Otherwise I'll just leave the system to "Authorize Only" and put some $1.00 items up and test with that.

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mdsource
post Oct 13 2012, 11:47 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 102

QUOTE (BrianSmith @ Sep 4 2012, 05:39 PM) *
We have recently completed set up and we're ready to launch our site.

I have a merchant account with eSelect Canada, and I've plugged our merchant ID and token API into the system. However, I do not see the option to select which server we use with them.

I'm looking for a way to use their test server (The server will act as though it's processing a transaction, but never actually does anything to the card) to check the flow and such with our website and make sure everything is working as expected.. does NS give the option to use the test servers? Does it switch automatically use the test server when in preview mode?

Just looking for any insight into this. Otherwise I'll just leave the system to "Authorize Only" and put some $1.00 items up and test with that.

Thanks!

Seems like a reasonable request that we should all be able to use for our sites. Too bad nobody at NS thought to give it any notice! I do realize they are all very busy fixing the things that they broke.

+Quote Post
jcrow
post Oct 13 2012, 12:13 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,894

QUOTE (mdsource @ Oct 13 2012, 12:47 PM) *
Seems like a reasonable request that we should all be able to use for our sites. Too bad nobody at NS thought to give it any notice! I do realize they are all very busy fixing the things that they broke.

Authorize Net has a "test" mode for this purpose

+Quote Post
eComTimD
post Dec 13 2012, 01:59 PM
Post #4

Group: NetSol Staff
Member No.: 19,613

QUOTE (jcrow @ Oct 13 2012, 12:13 PM) *
Authorize Net has a "test" mode for this purpose

As stated by jcrow, test modes are normally handled by your gateway provider. I do beleive almost all gateways will have a test mode which will allow you to not only test your gateway configuration but also reach the confrimation step of your checkout (step 4).

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 25th June 2017 - 06:54 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates