nsForum logo

Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can I Make Paypal Available For Only Certain Items?
echris102
post Jan 29 2011, 06:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 12,670

We recently created a PayPal account to add to our checkout options for customers to purchase through. However PayPal just froze our account due to the fact that we sell a few items that are on their list of restricted items.(knives, police batons, etc). They said that if we could make it so that if someone had one of these items were in their shopping cart and they clicked the PayPal option it gave an error or message that they had to remove the restricted item that they would un-freeze our account. Is there anyway to do this? I know that with coding pretty much anything is possible. Any help would be appreciated, as we do not want to lose PayPal, but aren't going to let them tell us what we can and cannot sell.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
martiniguy
post Jan 29 2011, 06:53 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 775

QUOTE (echris102 @ Jan 29 2011, 06:08 PM) *
We recently created a PayPal account to add to our checkout options for customers to purchase through. However PayPal just froze our account due to the fact that we sell a few items that are on their list of restricted items.(knives, police batons, etc). They said that if we could make it so that if someone had one of these items were in their shopping cart and they clicked the PayPal option it gave an error or message that they had to remove the restricted item that they would un-freeze our account. Is there anyway to do this? I know that with coding pretty much anything is possible. Any help would be appreciated, as we do not want to lose PayPal, but aren't going to let them tell us what we can and cannot sell.

Hey echris102.
I hate to be a downer, but I doubt you are going to be able to get that type of functionality to work with the cart.

Aside from being able to get it to work, I would think that if you actually did get something like that to work, it would freak out a customer and ensure a cart dump - which would defeat the entire purpose.

Why not back out on PayPal and just stick with a processor that has no restrictions on your product line?

We've been in business online for over 12 years - never accepted PP, never will. Just my 2 cents. PP did not seek to dictate what you can and cannot sell - you chose to sign up for PP even though they restrict and prohibit sales on some of your products. Not sure that sounds like a great partnership choice. Again, just my 2 cents.

+Quote Post
echris102
post Jan 31 2011, 12:12 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 12,670

Thanks for the response. We have been online for about 10 years, and just recently added PayPal, as we get quite a few international orders and have been burned by international credit cards in the past. PayPal was our fix to Western Union, which can be a hassle and take sometime. I think at this point we will just cut ties with PayPal, and keep searching for easy, secure international payment options. Any suggestions?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 30th March 2017 - 07:23 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates