nsForum logo

Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Email Collection Pop Up, Anyone have any thoughts on this subject?
reneewood
post Aug 8 2013, 05:42 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 2,051

We have been reading a bit about newsletter sign-up pop-ups. Quite frankly, I find them annoying, but the chatter about them in the business world is sometimes loud.

Questions:

*Does anyone use an email collection pop-up?
*Anyone recommend a service or will this even work with Network Solutions?
*Any input good or bad?

Thanks all!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
advantageecommer...
post Aug 8 2013, 05:45 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 13,148

I use both the NS option and I use feedburner. Feedburner is a google product and I think it is the best one out there.

I can't stand popups but it works for us. See this page for an example http://pacesetterexhaust.com/sitesearch.aspx

+Quote Post
ParkerYamaha
post Aug 8 2013, 05:43 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,078

Interesting idea, I myself hate them and any pop ups when online shopping,
It seems these days emailing marketing is very hit and miss, we did a test with mailchimp of about 1700 fully opted in customers and the 1st run had terrible feedback and removals, several said they never signed up?? Some said we emailed them to many times,

Funny part was they all signed up and none had been emailed aside from an order confirmation and tracking number! No other emails had been sent to these customers.

The flyer was brief, basic offered a web sale discount and not like any spam and garbage type email, yet was met with mixed feedback!

2nd and 3rd email came later and had better results, but even with a web only discount very few took up the offer which was good for two + weeks.

So not sure where email marketing is at these days??

Dave

+Quote Post
reneewood
post Aug 9 2013, 09:04 AM
Post #4

Well, we signed up with Snap Retail and I'm really enjoying it. We have had fairly decent results, but again.....this is all new and I'm handling it and I'm really not worthy of wearing a marketing hat. Plus, the nature of my business isn't really impulse buying, so I am using it more for just keeping aware of new products and our annual ornament sale, etc.

On our first promotion, we offered $5.00 coupon...we had 54 people take advantage of it. It cost us $270 and generated $2706 in sales. So I think it's worth exploring...

The NS option mentioned, is that just the newsletter collector but not in a pop-up form? You would need "feedburner" to go with it to make it Pop-up?

+Quote Post
Karol
post Aug 9 2013, 10:40 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,542

We don't use email marketing at all. For those wondering about current thought on email marketing.... Why Email Marketing is Still Effective for Retailers.

+Quote Post
ParkerYamaha
post Aug 9 2013, 10:49 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 2,078

Interesting read, we also post the same email newsletter on our Facebook and Twitter accts to try and gain any benefits.
Oddly when tracking sales, FB comes in real low at best and Twitter is to new and no gains yet
Dave

+Quote Post
reneewood
post Aug 9 2013, 11:52 AM
Post #7

We are finding Pinterest is sending referrals our way.....

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 21st August 2017 - 06:45 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates