Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Increase In Declined Orders
HeadWestOutfitte...
post Sep 20 2012, 10:51 AM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 18,091

May be pure coincidence, but over the past 3 weeks we've had significant percentage of our orders be "Declined". Wondering if any others are having a similar trend?

Our Gateway Responses are:
D:DeclinedYYYM:
D:DeclinedYYYN:

This is quite unusual for us.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Karol
post Sep 20 2012, 12:28 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,542

QUOTE (HeadWestOutfitters @ Sep 20 2012, 08:51 AM) *
May be pure coincidence, but over the past 3 weeks we've had significant percentage of our orders be "Declined". Wondering if any others are having a similar trend?

Our Gateway Responses are:
D:DeclinedYYYM:
D:DeclinedYYYN:

This is quite unusual for us.

We've seen quite a few the last couple days, but most are due to lack of funds in their accounts....as much as we'd like, we're unable to control the economy!

+Quote Post
trinitys
post Sep 20 2012, 12:46 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 3,558

I'm just having a significant decline in orders period this month!!! (IMG:http://forums.networksolutions.com/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post
HeadWestOutfitte...
post Sep 20 2012, 12:53 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 18,091

As are we, big time from last month... trying to figure out why.

+Quote Post
ParkerYamaha
post Sep 20 2012, 06:26 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 2,078

Seeing more declined also but just plain old "declined" which means people just dont have the $$ these days like years ago,

+Quote Post
trinitys
post Sep 21 2012, 10:16 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 3,558

QUOTE (HeadWestOutfitters @ Sep 20 2012, 10:53 AM) *
As are we, big time from last month... trying to figure out why.

Sorry to hear that! Our rankings in google search have dropped over the last few months for no explained reason. I know that is contributing. Maybe due to the elections too? People afraid to spend right now? Wish I knew, this is miserable (IMG:http://forums.networksolutions.com/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

LOVE you website though and I just "liked" your facebook page!! (IMG:http://forums.networksolutions.com/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
reneewood
post Oct 1 2012, 10:37 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 2,051

Absolutely agree and funny, I have been on the phone with tech support and our gateway manager trying to figure this out. NetSol says it isn't on their end. Merchant services says it isn't on their end......not sure if it will be resolved. Our biggest issue is MC_Unkown Error. Orders with this message are always declined to customer but charged to customers credit card.

+Quote Post
Tribalmuse
post Oct 8 2012, 01:49 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 3,022

QUOTE (reneewood @ Oct 1 2012, 11:37 AM) *
Absolutely agree and funny, I have been on the phone with tech support and our gateway manager trying to figure this out. NetSol says it isn't on their end. Merchant services says it isn't on their end......not sure if it will be resolved. Our biggest issue is MC_Unkown Error. Orders with this message are always declined to customer but charged to customers credit card.

I've always had a problem with declines...when I dug deeper the Merchant Services said that because of security, they seldom recognize International Credit Cards...which is a shame because they advertise as "International." I have considered using BofA services instead, because this has significantly affected sales, but just haven't had time to make the switch (and probably won't until after the holidays). I have a section on "Declined Cards" in my FAQ section, recommending that International buyers use PayPal or Google Checkout (Wallet) to complete purchases. Declined cards with Merchant Services are definitely a problem if you are going global.

+Quote Post
Karol
post Oct 8 2012, 01:54 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 1,542

QUOTE (Tribalmuse @ Oct 8 2012, 11:49 AM) *
...recommending that International buyers use PayPal or Google Checkout (Wallet) to complete purchases. Declined cards with Merchant Services are definitely a problem if you are going global.

This matches our experience. Most all of our international customers use PayPal. Sad.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 21st August 2017 - 06:46 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates