nsForum logo

Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Increase In Orders Charging But Showing "declined", Anyone else experiencing an increase in this?
reneewood
post Apr 4 2013, 05:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 2,051

We are having a terrible problem with orders being sent back to the customers as "Declined" but actually being charged to their account. Additionally, we've got orders charging to customers accounts but coming through to us as completely different customers with different products.

this has always happened sporatically, but it is now happening on a daily basis.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lynn44
post Apr 4 2013, 07:51 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,842

Wow, haven't seen this happen, but I better go look, how do you know an "order charging to customers accounts but coming through to us as completely different customers with different products."

+Quote Post
ecomIanS
post Apr 5 2013, 11:59 AM
Post #3

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 19,888

QUOTE (reneewood @ Apr 4 2013, 06:30 PM) *
We are having a terrible problem with orders being sent back to the customers as "Declined" but actually being charged to their account. Additionally, we've got orders charging to customers accounts but coming through to us as completely different customers with different products.

this has always happened sporatically, but it is now happening on a daily basis.

Renee,

I'm sorry to hear you're been experiencing these issues! Can you please send me a PM with some more information about the specifics of your issue? I would appreciate the opportunity to investigate this further for you.

In your message, please include the following types of information:

• Order numbers that show issue
  • Payment Method (PayPal Express Checkout, Payment Gateway, etc)
  • IP address of customer(s) [if available]
  • Customer's name(s)

I look forward to hearing from you soon. Ultimately, we may need you to contact us directly depending on the nature of your issue, but rest assured we'll be happy to help you work towards a resolution.

+Quote Post
sundialwire
post Apr 8 2013, 11:36 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 1,972

QUOTE (reneewood @ Apr 4 2013, 06:30 PM) *

Are you sure the customers actually being charged for the declined orders? It is standard practice for the CC companies to hold the money, which looks to the customer like an actual deduction in their account if they look at it on-line. We tell our customers to wait 24 hours and notify us if the charges are still there.

For example, if a customer is declined twice and the order is actually charged once, s/he will see three deductions from his/her account until about 24 hours has passed. At that point s/he should see only one deduction.

HOWEVER, our credit card processor, BankCard Central, did double-charge customers on more than one occasion. (We are changing our processor as a result.) If it turns out that it is your credit card processor that has made errors, can you let the forums or me privately know? It is definitely a factor is choosing who to go to when we leave BankCard Central.

Good luck -- I hope it's not a real problem.

+Quote Post
foxrun
post Apr 8 2013, 04:18 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,952

QUOTE (sundialwire @ Apr 8 2013, 12:36 PM) *
Are you sure the customers actually being charged for the declined orders? It is standard practice for the CC companies to hold the money, which looks to the customer like an actual deduction in their account if they look at it on-line. We tell our customers to wait 24 hours and notify us if the charges are still there.

For example, if a customer is declined twice and the order is actually charged once, s/he will see three deductions from his/her account until about 24 hours has passed. At that point s/he should see only one deduction.

HOWEVER, our credit card processor, BankCard Central, did double-charge customers on more than one occasion. (We are changing our processor as a result.) If it turns out that it is your credit card processor that has made errors, can you let the forums or me privately know? It is definitely a factor is choosing who to go to when we leave BankCard Central.

Good luck -- I hope it's not a real problem.

Just a side note regarding declines: We've been using UsaEpay for a few years without any problems. One thing I like about it is, when a customer is declined, we have the ability to release the funds right away. That way the customer doesn't have to wait for the funds to free up. Sometimes they might even max out their card if the get declined a few times. This ability to release the funds immediately may be available on other processors as well, and may not be unique to UsaEpay.

Harry

+Quote Post
sundialwire
post Apr 9 2013, 08:35 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 1,972

QUOTE (foxrun @ Apr 8 2013, 05:18 PM) *
Just a side note regarding declines: We've been using UsaEpay for a few years without any problems. One thing I like about it is, when a customer is declined, we have the ability to release the funds right away. That way the customer doesn't have to wait for the funds to free up. Sometimes they might even max out their card if the get declined a few times. This ability to release the funds immediately may be available on other processors as well, and may not be unique to UsaEpay.

Harry

Thanks for this, Harry. I will definitely look into this feature with new processors. I have had customers max out their cards also, and I'm not sure they believe me that we have no control over the money being held.

+Quote Post
reneewood
post Apr 9 2013, 07:28 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 2,051

It is a DAILY problem unfortunately! We are using Linkpoint/Cardservice International.
They are pointing the finger at Network Solutions and Network Solutions is pointing the finger at them. I'm not tech savvy enough defend our situation and figure out whose responsibility it is.

+Quote Post
foxrun
post Apr 10 2013, 05:03 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 1,952

QUOTE (reneewood @ Apr 9 2013, 08:28 PM) *
It is a DAILY problem unfortunately! We are using Linkpoint/Cardservice International.
They are pointing the finger at Network Solutions and Network Solutions is pointing the finger at them. I'm not tech savvy enough defend our situation and figure out whose responsibility it is.

Our processor allows us to add additional security filters to determine whether or not to decline the order. For example, we have a filter to decline an order if the billing address does not match the credit card. We've found that some banks don't require that to match as long as the CC number and Vcode matches. Therefore the customer's bank approves the transaction and the customer's account is debited. When our system sees the billing address does not match, the order is declined, and the customer gets a decline notification even though their bank approved the transaction. When we see this, we log into our processor and release the hold on the funds. We have our system setup for "Authorization Only" and do not actually capture the funds until we're ready to ship.

Hope that helps.

Harry

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 19th November 2017 - 04:58 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates