Reply to this topicStart new topic
> International Credit Card Processing
JennyP
post Oct 27 2010, 10:48 AM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 5,116

Hi there,

I am currently using Bank of America's merchant service, but they just raised their rates. I am looking for other options, anyone using a merchant service that can process international credit cards? We find many merchant accounts can only process domestic credit cards. We ship overseas.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks,
Jenny
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sundialwire
post Oct 27 2010, 12:22 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,972

We use Authorize.net and they take internationa credit cardsl. The only problem is that a lot of international transactions fail the AVS (address verification) tests. We have this on our customer service page:

Unfortunately, credit card payments sometimes fail internationally. If you make sure that you have entered your billing information identically to how it appears on your credit card statement, call us or send us an email custserv@sundialwire.com giving us authorization to bypass address verification and put the charge through. Please do not click the "place your order" button over and over.

and since we've had that on there, a lot of times the international customers will just give us authorization via email. It's an extra step -- going to Authorize.net's webpage and entering the CC info there, but not too bad. I think it might also cost us a dime or something for the extra transaction.

Also, if I have a funny feeling about the CC, I will hold the order until the charge has settled.

+Quote Post
JennyP
post Oct 28 2010, 02:01 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 5,116

Thank you very much!

Jenny

QUOTE (sundialwire @ Oct 27 2010, 01:22 PM) *
We use Authorize.net and they take internationa credit cardsl. The only problem is that a lot of international transactions fail the AVS (address verification) tests. We have this on our customer service page:

Unfortunately, credit card payments sometimes fail internationally. If you make sure that you have entered your billing information identically to how it appears on your credit card statement, call us or send us an email custserv@sundialwire.com giving us authorization to bypass address verification and put the charge through. Please do not click the "place your order" button over and over.

and since we've had that on there, a lot of times the international customers will just give us authorization via email. It's an extra step -- going to Authorize.net's webpage and entering the CC info there, but not too bad. I think it might also cost us a dime or something for the extra transaction.

Also, if I have a funny feeling about the CC, I will hold the order until the charge has settled.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 19th November 2017 - 04:57 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates