Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is Paypal Really Worth The Hassle?
LoMall
post Dec 7 2011, 09:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 460

I'm just asking. A lot of really big sites don't take PayPal, and we're considering dropping it because it is just so dang cumbersome, not to mention all of the problems it seems to have in interfacing with NetSol.

Would love to hear your thoughts.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Karol
post Dec 8 2011, 10:04 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,542

I imagine you would need to see what percent of your sales are through PayPal. Particularly international sales. We find nearly a third of our sales through it with 90% of international sales. PayPal users are extremely loyal to it. (Amazon users are even more loyal to Amazon and there does seem to be some cross-over.)

+Quote Post
PowderDay
post Dec 8 2011, 11:10 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,942

paypal is a great person to person payment method, but as a person to business method it is poor. we do not (and have never) accepted paypal. Most people have a credit card, so not sure what the point is.

+Quote Post
CrazyJoe
post Dec 8 2011, 11:21 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 2,212

I agree with Karol - 30% of our transactions come through PayPal. I don't know how to measure what would be lost if we turned it off other than to experiment. Those people obviously have credit cards but for some reason 1 of 3 prefer to run their order through PayPal than give us their CC.

I've never really had a problem with PP other than the cumbersome connection between NS and PP. That receives the typical "the other guys fault" response so I suspect that both companies could actually put more effort into making it more robust. But, PP is and Ebay company if you're looking for complicated online transactions back up by arbitrary and limiting rules you couldn't find a stronger candidate.

+Quote Post
ParkerYamaha
post Dec 8 2011, 12:32 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 2,078

We get asked if we accept it about once a month, and have no current plans to change on that,
it seems the cc moves better in the checkout and why lose sales to hang issues.
Dave

QUOTE (PowderDay @ Dec 8 2011, 09:10 AM) *
paypal is a great person to person payment method, but as a person to business method it is poor. we do not (and have never) accepted paypal. Most people have a credit card, so not sure what the point is.

+Quote Post
lynn44
post Dec 8 2011, 07:26 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 2,842

Alot of customers use PayPal. If they call in and want to place a re-order via telephone, I look at their prior order and if it shows PayPal as their prior payment, I right away tell them we can take the order but we can't process it with PayPal, they would have to do it via the website and MOST have given me the cc info. It seems that those who use Yahoo Search also use PayPal, or is it my imagination...and those who use Google might use Google Checkout but not nearly as much as Yahoo/PayPal. So if you get a lot of customers referred by Yahoo Search, then you should offer PayPal.

+Quote Post
BobTheBugman
post Dec 9 2011, 09:06 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 3,301

Not allowing Paypal payments is something I would never consider. Unless you are trying to cut down on revenue by about 20%.

I have about a dozen credit cards myself. (Holy Crap!)

However, when I shop online I use paypal. I prefer it.

A: Its more secure.

B: All I have to do is log into my paypal account, and click a button or two to make a purchase. don't have to enter my credit card number, my exiration date, my CVV code and blah blah blah.

I am always very disappointed when making a purchase online and the merchant doesn't offer paypal.

When I first opened my onine stores, I didn't use it. Once I started accepting PayPal payments, My sales went up by about 20% almost instantly.

Businesses also do use it. I get orders from many of the major fast food chains, Institutions, government agencies etc. Believe it or not, many of them use PayPa as the prefered payment method.

If you do alot of shopping online, a paypal account is the most convenient payment method on the internet.

IMHO (IMG:http://forums.networksolutions.com/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 23rd June 2017 - 01:43 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates