nsForum logo

Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Paypal Error Code 10417, anyone else getting these since 7.8 install?
vertical1
post Oct 25 2009, 10:38 AM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 1,212

I have had a few transactions that weren't able to be completed with PayPal come back with an error code of 10417. PayPal's saying it's an API error that generates the message "The transaction cannot complete successfully. Instruct the customer to use an alternative payment method.".

Anyone else having any PayPal issues since the upgrade to 7.8.0?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
vertical1
post Oct 25 2009, 10:42 AM
Post #2

Man, I was just combing through my declines and found 2 more orders, in the DECLINED folder, with the same error codes. This is obviously a bigger problem than I thought, and it has to be tied to the update.

+Quote Post
americangamingsu...
post Oct 25 2009, 03:21 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,218

I had a big order decline on the 23rd as well.
Same code!! error code of 10417
Any updates on this?

+Quote Post
vertical1
post Oct 26 2009, 08:19 AM
Post #4

Can someone from NS take a stab at this please?

+Quote Post
M3pheston
post Oct 26 2009, 08:41 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 3,062

Has anyone contacted PayPal to obtain further information on that specific error?

Per https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_ren..._nvp_errorcodes

I would agree that it's a problem, but It's a problem with the payment method the customer is using.

Are all your orders being declined or just a few here and there? So far it looks like an appropriate response.

+Quote Post
vertical1
post Oct 26 2009, 08:45 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (M3pheston @ Oct 26 2009, 09:49 AM) *
Has anyone contacted PayPal to obtain further information on that specific error?

Per https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_ren..._nvp_errorcodes

I would agree that it's a problem, but It's a problem with the payment method the customer is using.

Are all your orders being declined or just a few here and there? So far it looks like an appropriate response.

PayPal's site is listing it as an API error, and since I've never had this issue before in the last three years, I'm gonna assume it's a software issue on the NS side until someone tells me otherwise.

+Quote Post
M3pheston
post Oct 26 2009, 08:56 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 3,062

QUOTE (vertical1 @ Oct 26 2009, 08:53 AM) *
PayPal's site is listing it as an API error, and since I've never had this issue before in the last three years, I'm gonna assume it's a software issue on the NS side until someone tells me otherwise.

Any decline comes over as an "API Error" with an Error Code, it's how the information in a decline is transmitted.

Did you look at the corrective action listed in the API link? "Instruct the customer that PayPal is unable to process the payment and redisplay alternative payment methods with which the customer can pay."

Assuming is never a good thing, it'll frustrate you and your customers, at this point you're going to wait for NS to say "It's not our issue" instead of going to PayPal in the meantime to get further information. You also specified that it's "a few" transactions, to me if the API was transmitting invalid information it would affect "every" order processed via PayPal.

+Quote Post
vertical1
post Oct 26 2009, 09:04 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (M3pheston @ Oct 26 2009, 10:04 AM) *
Any decline comes over as an "API Error" with an Error Code, it's how the information in a decline is transmitted.

Did you look at the corrective action listed in the API link? "Instruct the customer that PayPal is unable to process the payment and redisplay alternative payment methods with which the customer can pay."

Assuming is never a good thing, it'll frustrate you and your customers, at this point you're going to wait for NS to say "It's not our issue" instead of going to PayPal in the meantime to get further information. You also specified that it's "a few" transactions, to me if the API was transmitting invalid information it would affect "every" order processed via PayPal.

All I'm saying is it's never happened before, and it seems oddly coincidental. Also seems to only be happening on larger transactions.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 09:26 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates