Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Usaepay Users, Unauthorized Debit to your checking acct
gymbratleotards
post Jul 14 2009, 02:00 AM
Post #26

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 2,541

http://merchantservices.networksolutions.c...s-rates-why.php

Here it talks about how Network Solutions is PCI compliant... indicating that is not a worry for the business owner.

snippet:
"All of our facilities are PCI compliant, which is a security standard that Visa and MasterCard mandate to insure protection of cardholder data. Network Solutions was one of the first Ecommerce platforms to be PCI certified and is recognized by Visa and MasterCard as a compliant service provider. Find us on the Visa website of compliance service providers."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
brain
post Jul 14 2009, 03:01 AM
Post #27

Member No.: 26

QUOTE (ahdco @ Jul 13 2009, 11:04 PM) *
Reply to:
#1. (However, it is up the acquirer bank, who sponsors your merchant account provider to verify you are compliant.) Who or what is an acquirer bank? How do I know if I am a level 4 merchant and what is a level 4 merchant? Can I be a three or a five (pretty please?)

#2. Why doesn't someone write on a chalkboard EXACTLY what it takes to be compliant? DO me a favor. I DON’T WANT TO SEE ANY CREDIT CARD NUMBERS! I don't want to smell them or touch them, take them to Dinner and a show or call them sweetheart. KEEP YOUR CC NUMBERS. I DON’T NEED THEM!!!!
Is that compliant?? Do you want to scan that? SCAN THIS (*&@#) while you're at it.

#3. Give me a break with charging for a "Scan". Oh, I forgot the questionnaire, my bad. Yeah that’s worth a $200.00 self imposed fee to MAKE SURE WE ARE COMPLIANT! So I fill out a form and your computer scans my computer and they talk together with 1's and 0's till early morning.

#4. Your provider sent out 1 mailing, that's all. What statement messages are you referring to? I don't remember getting a statement from anyone except Net Sol on a monthly basis.
And as to an earlier post, the mailing was as spammy as one could get. That's why it's at the garbage heap with all the other cr-- I get! Quit sending excuses and start sending greenbacks. Cold hard cash. Texas Tea, etc.

Did anyone at NPC (No Personal Contact) hear of email? It's a really great new feature to the internet. Yeah, whenever you have something important to discuss or want a reply (so that you absolutely know that the recipient has actually read what you sent) you send an email. You got my name, my bank account number, my phone, my account history but... I guess you lost my email so that you could notify me, and get a response, when you intend to debit my account and run away and not answer phones for the weekend!!

(You know, I just don't have enough exclamation marks to make my point)

Bottom line time. You are one keystroke away from me saying Bye Bye. If NPC is running scared of all us level 4 merchants who spend good money setting up SSL certs, BBB certs and running our businesses like professionals and treating the customer and his credit card like they are gods, then maybe you should scan me for free and send the questionnaire via EMAIL (That's electronic mail) so that I could respond promptly and you would then have a reply message sent back to you.

If you think that I will sit back and let my hard earned money be stolen from me for some petty program that some chump dreamt up while sitting on his 55 footer in the Bahamas, you don't know me very well. Hit the "SEND" button (the one right next to "Damn, another one got away) button and give me my refund.

Hi -

I would not normally respond this way in the open forums, however since our team attempts to contact you have failed, I will respond for the benefit of everyone.

1 - 3. The Card Holder Information Security Program or CISP, which leading program sponsored by VISA, in conjunction with a Payment Card Industry Standards or PCI is a critical set of regulations that is MANDATORY for all e-commerce merchants who take Card payments online or over the Internet. If you are selling online and are not familiar with these terms and programs, you are not an educated Merchant and need to get up to speed. I would recommend going directly to the source and reading the full details on VISA's site:

http://usa.visa.com/merchants/risk_management/cisp.html

This will answer all of you questions about compliance, scans, merchants levels, what is required of a merchant, and what is required of a Service provider. Again, this is not a policy of any 1 hosting company such as NetworkSolutions, or Merchant Account Provider such as BankCard Services, or even a bank. The entire industry has agreed to follow these standards, which means you did too if you are selling online. If you still have further questions your merchant account provider and our support teams, including myself and my specific team is waiting hearing you.

4. You are a customer of NetworkSolutions Merchant Account services, which is private label branding for BankCard Services. NPC is a completely separate company that also provides merchant account services, and their customers are experiencing a similar issue because this is an industry wide issue, not any one company. So for you specifically AHDCO, calling NPC would be like calling AT&T cell phone support to complain about your Sprint Cell phone service, they will not have a clue who you are.

So going forward, I ask that you please read the website I have provided, or reply to the emails and messages we have sent you so we can assist you with this issue. We value all of our customers' business and would hate to lose any one of you, especially since unless your planning on getting off the Internet, you'll simply have the same problem with any provider you find.

Thanks

Brian

+Quote Post
brain
post Jul 14 2009, 03:09 AM
Post #28

Member No.: 26

QUOTE (gymbratleotards @ Jul 14 2009, 02:18 AM) *
http://merchantservices.networksolutions.c...s-rates-why.php

Here it talks about how Network Solutions is PCI compliant... indicating that is not a worry for the business owner.

snippet:
"All of our facilities are PCI compliant, which is a security standard that Visa and MasterCard mandate to insure protection of cardholder data. Network Solutions was one of the first Ecommerce platforms to be PCI certified and is recognized by Visa and MasterCard as a compliant service provider. Find us on the Visa website of compliance service providers."

Hi gymbratleotards -

Everything you have highlighted is 100% accurate. We are a service provider, and we are currently 100% compliant for a service provider, which we spend a good deal of time and resources to make sure because it is critical for our customers. However, if you review the website below, you will see there are different requirements for Service providers and Merchants, which obviously you are a merchant.

Thanks

Brian

+Quote Post
dsunker
post Jul 14 2009, 08:02 AM
Post #29

Member No.: 3,174

QUOTE (brain @ Jul 13 2009, 05:20 PM) *
To my knowledge, NetworkSolutions is not associated with NPC in any way. And I can't really comment on their actions. However, what I can say is the company that does our Merchant Account Provider, Bank Card Services, is one of our oldest partnerships and really good people to work with. If you're not happy with how your provider is treating you, our guys are the way to go. (800.838.939)

Thanks

Brian

Brian,

Who do you think set me up with NPC???? It was network solutions. I was directed there by the ecommerce people at netsol. It was sold to me as a part of network solutions. There is a VERY BIG association between the two.

I am not happy with how they are treating me..... who else do you recommend??? And are they better than who you recommended(? ie NPC)(I think I actually signed up through netsol)

+Quote Post
dsunker
post Jul 14 2009, 08:16 AM
Post #30

QUOTE (brain @ Jul 14 2009, 04:27 AM) *
Hi gymbratleotards -

Everything you have highlighted is 100% accurate. We are a service provider, and we are currently 100% compliant for a service provider, which we spend a good deal of time and resources to make sure because it is critical for our customers. However, if you review the website below, you will see there are different requirements for Service providers and Merchants, which obviously you are a merchant.

Thanks

Brian

Brian I have read them..... If I do not download, print them or in any other way keep my data on anything but your server, I am 100% comliant. I do not process over 20000 transactions a year for any one credit card, let alone in total. Since I do not keep any info on my pc's or on paper, I am supposed to fill out an SAQ and keep it on file.

I cannot keep a security policy on file for anything other than my employee's (if I had any) stating that CC number are not to be downloaded or printed and that access to that information is limited to certain people (ie: CEO, Owner, etc).

I have met all these guidelines. If my provider is not compliant with all the PCI regulations concerning the server, network, domains, IP addresses, etc, then I had better find a new provider that is compliant.

This was not done in a professional manner in any way, shape or form by NPC. If NetSol decides that a relationship with vendor that will pull such tricks is more valuable than their customer base, then they need to continue the relationship as it is.

If NetSol is more worried about their customer base and since they have a close relationship with NPC, one would think they would go to bat for their customers.

If NetSol is not willing to do that, and NPC figures they can just take my money and run (or keep it hostage, take your pick), they and you will lose me as a customer, as well as others that feel the way I do.

When I set up my store last fall, I picked network solutions because I felt they were a company I could trust and that I could trust their recommendations.

My trust is rapidly slipping away, from the exaggerations told by the sales people when I signed up, through the problems I have struggled through with out the promised 24/7 support (this helped sell me... now it is what 12 hours 5 days instead of 24/7 and now I can't pay my bills because of a company highly recommended by network solutions.

NetSol...... How bout stepping up to the plate for your customers. It may not be your company, but if you have such a close association with them and recommend them as highly as you do, then when there is a major problem, your corporate office needs to step up and help your customers. After all, if you ecommerce customers don't make money, they won't be customers much longer

+Quote Post
gymbratleotards
post Jul 14 2009, 08:37 AM
Post #31

http://www.straightpassthrough.biz/merchan...nce-fees-legit/

Merchant Account Compliance Fees – Legit?

As you may know, I review business merchant account statements on regular basis. One thing I keep seeing more and more on statements are terms like “Annual Compliance Service Fee” or “PCI Compliance Program.” The shocking thing about these fees is how much they are; I have a statement on my desk that reads $119.75 for such a fee. So what are these fees for? What do you get from them? Are they legitimate or just another profit center for merchant account providers?

I am sure there are going to be some industry insiders that wildly disagree with what I am about to say, but here goes any way. I believe these fees, for the most part, are just another profit center for this industry. Here is why:

* If you pay these fees are you made PCI Complaint? Answer: No you are not.
* Are you given tools or guides for becoming PCI Compliant when you pay these fees? Answer: Only sometimes.
* If you have a security breach and you were not following the rules of the PCI Security Standards Council are you insured against the fines you’ll receive? Answer: Probably not.

So what are you getting for these fees? Most of the time – zip, nada, and nothing!

I know there are exceptions to this but they are few and far between.

The next issue I have with these fees is they typically are added without any foreknowledge of the merchant. In other words they just show up on the statement, with what seems to be hope that the merchant will not see them. If these fees are legitimate why the secrecy? If these fees bring real value why not communicate what that value is? I think the answer is obvious – they provide little to no value so the fees are snuck on to the statement.

The last issue I am going to bring up (I could bring up many more!) is the lack of choice. Typically these fees are not optional, they are mandatory. These fees almost have a feel like they were mandated by the US Government or maybe even God! How dare we question such fees! Here is why I am puzzled about the lack of an option. I have a client that is a restaurant, they have a band new terminal and pin pad, the software file that was installed on that terminal is PCI compliant, the Pin Pad is PCI-PED approved, they have taken their PCI Self Questionnaire. So why do they need to pay this fee, they are compliant, why don’t they have the option to say no to this fee? That would be fair and logical wouldn’t it? I am afraid the answer is that providing such an option would reduce the profit of the merchant account provider.

The truth is that PCI Compliance has created some much needed data security guidelines while at the same time providing a wonderful tool to increase profits for this industry. We can use the fear of a $50,000 fine for not being compliant to manipulate you into paying fees like these. I know this hard to believe that anyone in the financial services area would use such tactics to increase profit. Wait a minute, that is not hard to believe at all is it!

Here are my suggestions for dealing with these fees:

1. If you see these fees on your statements call your provider and ask what you are receiving in return for your money. If you don’t like their answer find a provider who either does not charge these type of fees or actually provides something of value for the fees.

2. Educate yourself on becoming and staying PCI Compliant. Here are some links check out:

The Basics of PCI Compliance

PCI Compliance Guide

PCI Security Council

Security Metrics (They will assist you in becoming compliant)

PCI DSS News and Information Blog

PCI Compliance Demystified blog

Bottom line: Educate yourself about PCI Compliance, take what ever steps you must to become PCI compliant and stop paying these fees if they provide no real value for your business.

Please feel free to add your comments below. I would love to have someone defend these fees, I am very open to being wrong on this.

+Quote Post
gymbratleotards
post Jul 14 2009, 08:50 AM
Post #32

Perhaps Network Solutions should be swallowing these fees on our behalf?

In Network Solutions advertising it states:
"Beware of hidden fees"

In the list is both: PCI Compliance Fees and PCI Annual Fee

The below the list it states:
"see our list of fees"

Definitely Network Solutions should be going up to bat for us, their customers, right now. We are being charged a "hidden fee" that goes against all of Network Solutions advertising.

Aside from the PCI issues and whether or not the fee is really necessary...

We were all charged without advanced notification and without authorization. None of us should have to sign a form of liability to NOT incur the fee. (that is just an intimidating scare tactic)

I am saddened that Network Solutions appears to be defending such shady tactics and is not equally outraged.

+Quote Post
ArcoJedi
post Jul 14 2009, 09:30 AM
Post #33

Jedi Master

Member No.: 13

QUOTE (dsunker @ Jul 14 2009, 08:20 AM) *
To my knowledge, NetworkSolutions is not associated with NPC in any way. And I can't really comment on their actions.
Who do you think set me up with NPC???? It was network solutions.
I'm going to reiterate what Brian has said in the post above. We are not associated with NPC in any way. I apologize for the confusion if you believed that we were. I am not sure I know who they are. If you could enlighten me via PM, I'd appreciate it.

It's entirely possible that at one point, if a payment gateway option was not available to you through our merchant services, that a member of our sales or customer service department may have recommended a few alternative solutions through a third-party provider. However, I need to make it clear that there is no relationship or partnership that I know of. If you are unhappy with the services that NPC provides, I'd recommend you cease posting here in these forums about them (since they won't see it) and contact them directly.

I make this point because I want to separate out the feedback regarding NPC vs. Network Solutions Merchant Account through BankCardServices vs. these fees in general. If you need further assistance or have more questions and concerns regarding your merchant account, you will need to use one of the following resources:

You may also contact me directly via PM and I will follow up with you by phone. Thank you.
::Jim

+Quote Post
dsunker
post Jul 14 2009, 09:55 AM
Post #34

Please quit denying the connection between NPC and Network Solutions. It was Network Solutions Merchant Services who set up my account. I did not select NPC from any other place or ad. My whole account and all the related services (merchant account, watchdog, SSL, ECommerce store, etc) were set up through NetSol.

How you can say there is no connection is beyonb me. And I still don't have my $198 back even though it has been 11 days since I first contacted them.

Again, Network Solutions Merchant Services set up the account.

In addition, all my statements say

Network Solutions Merchant Accounts (in small letters it says NPC

I also sent this in a pm. I can fax you a copy of my statement if you want showing this

+Quote Post
ArcoJedi
post Jul 14 2009, 11:20 AM
Post #35

Jedi Master

Member No.: 13

Douglas,

Thanks for speaking with me by phone right now. I'm incorrect on the details regarding NPC and the relationship with our merchant account team. In our conference conversation with Julie at BandCardServices just now I got a bit of an education. (IMG:http://forums.networksolutions.com/style_emoticons/default/embarassed.gif)

For the other merchants in this thread who need further help, I highly recommend contacting Julie's team at Network Solutions Merchant Services - http://merchantservices.networksolutions.com/ - 800.838.9699. We are committed to keeping your site, business and customer's data protected but also keeping you satisfied with your complete services with Network Solutions. Thanks again!

+Quote Post
dsunker
post Jul 14 2009, 11:37 AM
Post #36

First

Thank you to Jim and Julie for calling me. To those of you using NPC, she is working on a resolution and per our conversation, will be talking to the owner of NPC later today.

A couple of things to all the other merchants out there (using NPC or others) is that you need to be sure you are PCI compliant. This means that you should not keep any credit card data (printed or downloaded) anywhere but in the network solutions database. Network Solutions is PCI compliant, but that compliance does not cover you if you keep the CC numbers and such in a seperate database or print them out (ex: on the invoice).

You should fill out a self assessment questionaire (in my case SAQ A) which will tell you if you are in compliance or not. This will tell you if you need to change practices or pay for/work to compliance. In my case, it showed that I was in compliance because I do not keep any CC information (actually, I don't want to know anybody's info, let the banks handle that)

I also understand that Network Solutions does not own or control NPC(or any other merchant servicese) and had no control over what happened. After my conversation with Julie BankCardServices, I also know that they are working to resolving this issue.

Thanks again to Julie at BankCardServices and Jim for the phone call, the discussion and resolution.

AND TO ALL MERCHANTS.... BE SURE TO CHECK YOU ARE COMPLIANT.

Network Solutions is, and if you are doing the right things, you are too. There is lots of information in this thread about what to check and even more in the links they have provided.

Thanks and God Bless

+Quote Post
ahdco
post Jul 15 2009, 10:24 AM
Post #37

Member No.: 536

I wanted to take a moment to apologize to everyone reading this thread and to those from Net Sol that have responded to our frustrations especially Jim Arconati and Brian.

I apologize to Brian for responding to his post in the matter of anger that I did. That was totally uncalled for and was not necessary to direct my anguish toward him or his team. Thank you for responding to us and providing all the information that you did in an effort to guide us in the direction of education about the PCI program.

James, I apologize for not getting back to you sooner and explained why in a PM to you earlier today. You also have provided valuable information for us to peruse in an effort to become compliant. I had spoke with a member of Julies team at Bancard Services who denied me any help but that must have been before you had intervened on our behalf in an effort to gain a viable solution to our problem.

For all other readers and responders of this thread, please accept my apology for the tone of the post that I had made in a moment of weakness. I usually don't stoop this low to prove my point and it was unnecessary here in the forum. Thanks Jim & Brian for helping to get this matter resolved in an equitable and swift manner and hopefully discover a better solution for implementing this type program in the future.

Edit to Post:
A heartfelt Thank you goes to Julie Bruber (President of BankCard Services) whom I spoke to today. She went way over the top in helping with my situation and listened to what I had to say and offered a solution that was well beyond customer service. I applaud her for taking time from her day to help a small merchant such as myself cope with NPC and explained in detail the PCI provisions to me and how they came about in the first place.

James Arconati had suggested I contact Julie and that suggestion turned out to be the best advice yet.

Understandably we as merchants still need to fill out the SAQ (Self Assessment Questionnaire) but it would have been much less confusing handled differently.

Another Edit 07-17-09
Rec'd our refund of $198.00 today...

+Quote Post
gymbratleotards
post Jul 3 2010, 02:16 AM
Post #38

Jim and Brian,

I hope you are still there and can help me fix this. They got me again and today charged me $200 for something I did not purchase.

Last year when this happened I was sent a form to fill out to "opt out" of the service -- even though I never opted in to it. I sent that form back and was told my money would be refunded.

But here I am with another charge. This is ridiculous.

How do I get this fixed once and for all and how do I get my money back????

Please IM me so I can provide you with my phone number.

Thank you.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 11:26 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates