2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Usaepay Users, Unauthorized Debit to your checking acct
ahdco
post Jul 3 2009, 01:32 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 536

Check your bank accounts that USAePay has access to and make sure there are no unauthorized debits! Mine occurred Thursday July 02, 2009 to the tune of $236.47

After several phone calls I finally got a hold of someone at Bankcard Services Worldwide, who contract with USAePay who made the debit. Apparently it was for something called PCI Security Protection which as explained to me protects merchants against hackers to their websites. It was also explained that back in April they sent out info on the program through the mail and solicited signing up for the program. This security protection is not mandatory but guess what? They charged my account and put me in the program anyway without my knowledge or consent.

I explained to Bankcard Services that I do not want want this service but being the Holiday weekend no one is there to handle the complaint or issue the refund.

So if you want to ruin your weekend, check your bank account like I did but don't expect any help for a few days if you find unauthorized charges and debits.

Shame on you Bankcard Services for your deceit. Now I know why some people prefer PayPal to having to deal with the maze of credit card middle-men whom each have their hand in your pocket. Sheeze... Fraudulent purchases up front in the store and shell-game sleeze balls in the back end watching over your money.

My e-Commerce Camel can't take that much more straw!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dsunker
post Jul 3 2009, 02:44 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,174

QUOTE (ahdco @ Jul 3 2009, 02:50 PM) *
Check your bank accounts that USAePay has access to and make sure there are no unauthorized debits! Mine occurred Thursday July 02, 2009 to the tune of $236.47

After several phone calls I finally got a hold of someone at Bankcard Services Worldwide, who contract with USAePay who made the debit. Apparently it was for something called PCI Security Protection which as explained to me protects merchants against hackers to their websites. It was also explained that back in April they sent out info on the program through the mail and solicited signing up for the program. This security protection is not mandatory but guess what? They charged my account and put me in the program anyway without my knowledge or consent.

I explained to Bankcard Services that I do not want want this service but being the Holiday weekend no one is there to handle the complaint or issue the refund.

So if you want to ruin your weekend, check your bank account like I did but don't expect any help for a few days if you find unauthorized charges and debits.

Shame on you Bankcard Services for your deceit. Now I know why some people prefer PayPal to having to deal with the maze of credit card middle-men whom each have their hand in your pocket. Sheeze... Fraudulent purchases up front in the store and shell-game sleeze balls in the back end watching over your money.

My e-Commerce Camel can't take that much more straw!

I spoke with USAepay.. they did NOT run the charge through. I use NPC Merchant services and they are the ones that put the charge through. They seem to think we are responsible for making sure the network and data are secure.

Here is the link to my earlier post regarding this: http://forums.networksolutions.com/index.p...=&pid=20464

Unfortunately NPC is closed today but on Monday, I will be getting my money back

I forgot to mention..... I spoke to Ryan earlier today. NetSol is on the lists of both MC and Visa as being compliant with the PCI DSS.

+Quote Post
ahdco
post Jul 7 2009, 10:39 AM
Post #3

Unfortunately NPC is closed today but on Monday, I will be getting my money back

I discovered what NPC stands for during my trials with them. "No Personal Contact" with the customer seems to fit nicely. After robbing our accounts overnight conveniently over the Holiday weekend while we let our guard down and after several phone calls, being strong-armed into signing a "Decline Participation Waiver" waiting hours for my fax to go through and the frustration of not knowing when or IF a refund will come my way, I still have not heard anything from a Supervisor at NPC which I requested several times and probably never will!

What a sneaky way to steal money from unsuspecting customers. I guess the default rate must be higher than reported so they needed to find another source of income. Why not try to slip through a few hundred or thousand unauthorized charges in hopes that they won't get caught or discovered?

If you guessed that I'm P.O'd... you'd be right! Can I have a cart that accepts PayPal or Google checkout only???

+Quote Post
christianbooksbi...
post Jul 7 2009, 04:31 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 501

Yeah, I noticed it as well. However, if you have a network solutions merchant account, it was on your statement at the very end. It said that you would automatically be enrolled due to recent security changes.

My question is, how is this our responsibility considering we have ssls through network solutions as well as our merchant account!

+Quote Post
dsunker
post Jul 7 2009, 05:03 PM
Post #5

Per my understanding, Network solutions is responsible for all the scanning and security. If you don't download the credit card numbers and such and keep them on your premises, then you have nothing to secure.

I also looked up visa and mc requirements.... if you as a company process less than 20000 cards a year, then the requirements for scanning are not there (just recommended if you have your own networkd).

+Quote Post
ahdco
post Jul 7 2009, 05:19 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (christianbooksbibles @ Jul 7 2009, 04:49 PM) *
My question is, how is this our responsibility considering we have ssls through network solutions as well as our merchant account!

Just another way to shift blame in case they get hacked I suppose. I personally don't take phone orders nor did I sign the agreement with USAePay to have access to Credit Card numbers used to place orders. I don't want anything to do with CC #'s other that having them go through without a hitch.

If NPC or USAePay would have checked my sales records they would have realized that we are WELL UNDER the 20,000 transactions/year minimum recommended for PCI Protection. Maybe then they would have sent an email asking if we wanted to voluntarily participate in the program or not.

As far as the Net Sol statement, it was sitting in the PO Box waiting for me to come get it. I normally use paper to start camp fires in my back yard for Smo' Mores. Anything important comes to me by electronic means backed up by snail mail. Which is another problem NPC needs to address. They refuse to send me an electronic version of the Decline Participation form. Give me a break! Just another stall tactic to deal with the peons and drag the process out a bit further.

Net Sol; Do you get a cut of the action???

+Quote Post
dsunker
post Jul 7 2009, 05:35 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (ahdco @ Jul 7 2009, 06:37 PM) *
They refuse to send me an electronic version of the Decline Participation form.

Had them fax it to me, signed it and faxed it back on Monday

+Quote Post
ahdco
post Jul 7 2009, 08:49 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (dsunker @ Jul 7 2009, 05:53 PM) *
Had them fax it to me, signed it and faxed it back on Monday

Yeah. I did the same although I wasn't anywhere near a fax machine on Monday and had to take care of things today. Why should we have to sign anything related to the security protection program in the first place? They stole our money without consent or agreement on our part, period! Let me know when they refund your money.

They said 24 to 48 hours to process the turnaround. If I cross my fingers any tighter hoping for a positive solution to our problem I'll break them off. We shouldn't be in this position.

I want to know:
Who authorized this Bogus transaction?
How many people were effected?
Who's responsible for the lack of communication?
Why does Net Sol and others have supreme authority to debit our accounts when it wishes without authority?
Who orchestrated the Holiday Smash & Grab? (Hit Enter and RUN!)

And by the way, no one from No Personal Contact (NPC) has called me. Go figure. 2 Days and counting!

+Quote Post
ArcoJedi
post Jul 8 2009, 09:19 AM
Post #9

Jedi Master

Member No.: 13

Hello,

First a clarification...
I understand the charge being referred to in this thread has to do with CISP / PCI scanning and is not related to SSLs. From a specifically technical standpoint SSL encryption and CISP / PCI compliance are not the same thing, nor are they related in the way that it is being inferred above.

Secondly, I know from a previous phone conversation that our Merchant Services team would be best equipped to answer these questions. I would contact them by phone at 800.838.8699 or use the email / live chat links on their web site. They will be happy to help you. Thanks!

+Quote Post
dsunker
post Jul 8 2009, 09:34 AM
Post #10

QUOTE (ArcoJedi @ Jul 8 2009, 10:37 AM) *
Hello,

First a clarification...I understand the charge being referred to in this thread has to do with CISP / PCI scanning and is not related to SSLs. From a specifically technical standpoint SSL encryption and CISP / PCI compliance are not the same thing, nor are they related in the way that it is being inferred above.

Secondly, I know from a previous phone conversation that our Merchant Services team would be best equipped to answer these questions. I would contact them by phone at 800.838.8699 or use the email / live chat links on their web site. They will be happy to help you. Thanks!

Per research and some phone conversations, my understanding is that NetSol is 100% PCI DSS compliant and this is solely an NPC issue.

With NetSol being compliant, as long as we don't download or print the credit card information, we are also 100% compliant as we keep no records of the credit cards off the NetSol site.

And he is correct ***** CONTACT NPC *****

+Quote Post
dsunker
post Jul 8 2009, 03:55 PM
Post #11

Just a quick update. NPC Called today and I was told the refund was put through on the 6th, the same day I faxed the form back. Haven't seen it yet, but I will let you know.

+Quote Post
gymbratleotards
post Jul 9 2009, 05:04 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 2,541

The same exact thing happened to me as well. In fact, it overdrew my account. My bank covered the charge but I had to pay a $20 overdraft fee. See... I transfer money from my business account to a different account on a daily basis. So, there wasn't enough money in there to cover the charge.

I just got my form in the mail today. And why should I have to sign ANYTHING to NOT be charged for a purchase that I never authorized????

I will be contacting a consumer law attorney for advice. I think I can file a complaint with the FTC as well.
I will keep you all posted.

+Quote Post
gymbratleotards
post Jul 9 2009, 05:18 PM
Post #13

I was also told that I was sent literature on two occasions regarding this security plan. I have looked through all my paperwork and I cannot find anything. How about the rest of you? Did you receive anything?

+Quote Post
lynn44
post Jul 9 2009, 10:52 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 2,842

QUOTE (gymbratleotards @ Jul 9 2009, 06:36 PM) *
I was also told that I was sent literature on two occasions regarding this security plan. I have looked through all my paperwork and I cannot find anything. How about the rest of you? Did you receive anything?

I received my statement from Transfirst today, checked out all the fees and noticed a PCI compliant fee of $3 and change, which will not be taken off, more or less they have to pay X dollars a year to be compliant and they are passing this off on to customers/us. There was another $6 and change charge for insurance, told them I don't need it, I bought the PCI compliant cert from the company they recommended and also have a SSL and they agreed that one could be removed. I did a little complaining that the fees were ridiculous and they will have a rep call me tomorrow to see if there is a better plan for our business. Interesting they also mentioned that our rates vary based on the type of card the consumer uses, Reward Card, Business Card, and another card, which when they use it, my rate is higher. Plus rates are higher on International sales.

+Quote Post
ahdco
post Jul 10 2009, 01:35 AM
Post #15

This whole debacle was poorly handled at best. I vaguely recall getting a packet in the mail in March or April that looked more like a sales pitch for services I didn't need so I tossed it. No further contact was made or information given about the program until the charges showed up debited from my account.

A prudent way to handle this should have been to let us know that even if we didn't want or need the PCI protection that we needed to Opt Out or decline the service instead of being covertly charged the enrollment fee on a Holiday weekend when no one was available to answer questions. And what's up with the 30 day turnaround to get our money back?

They charged our accounts in a matter of minutes so why couldn’t they send an email to everyone letting us know what was coming? Looks like the old adage applies here of "Better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission".

I don't have a server, I don't take credit cards over the phone, I don't have a network, I don't at this point in time have anywhere near the 20K per year transactions (although I would love too) and I did not sign the agreement with USAePay to access credit card numbers so why was I enrolled in the PCI Program without my permission when it was touted as optional and not mandatory in my situation?

I'm very disappointed with how this was handled and most especially the lack of timely action in refunding our money. Poor management decisions and lack of communication by the perpetrators has left a foul taste in my mouth for NPC.

+Quote Post
dsunker
post Jul 10 2009, 06:17 AM
Post #16

Looks like I will be calling them again today. I was told monday that the money would be refunded immediatly and just to wait a few days for processing. On Wednesday I was told it had been put through on Monday. I still don't have even a pending transaction im my account. I have sales that clear quicker than this.

The words class action keep running through my mind for some reason.........

+Quote Post
ahdco
post Jul 10 2009, 08:46 PM
Post #17

One more thing...

I'm sure that the PCI program is a valuable tool for an ecommerce company in the right position to use it. Having protection against those who would relieve us of our hard earned money is a smart thing to do. If you qualify as to the minimum standards for the program, by all means seek the protection that the PCI program provides. $200/year ain't that bad + fees. I for one (and others it seems) have no need for the protection.

NOW... if someone can offer me inexpensive insurance against fraudulant credit card purchases so I don't get screwed........Call Me

+Quote Post
gymbratleotards
post Jul 11 2009, 10:36 PM
Post #18

Has anyone been successful in getting their money back yet?

I emailed a consumer law attorney two days ago, but haven't heard back.

I don't think any of us should have to sign any type of form of liability to not be charged for a service we never signed up for.

+Quote Post
lynn44
post Jul 12 2009, 07:51 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 2,842

QUOTE (gymbratleotards @ Jul 11 2009, 11:54 PM) *
Has anyone been successful in getting their money back yet?

I emailed a consumer law attorney two days ago, but haven't heard back.

I don't think any of us should have to sign any type of form of liability to not be charged for a service we never signed up for.

I was thinking they would probably just deduct it from the next statement.

+Quote Post
dsunker
post Jul 13 2009, 09:54 AM
Post #20

UPDATE UPDATE

After being told last Monday that the refunc would be processed that day, I was told this morning that they only do refunds by special request and then it is done on Friday. (I am still on the phone as I type this and they are "looking into why I haven't received my refund yet".

They then told me that standard policy is to just adjust it on the next statement unless you call in and request something different.

And again was told the brochure wasn't advertising and didn't look like advertising... lol.....

GRRRRRRRRRRRR

I was just told it would be put through this friday, or I could have it done today and have my account put on hold till they "balanced" my account (in other words, I would not receive any money for charges for at least a week.).

If any one here has talked to an attorney about this, Please contact me. If not, I will be seeking legal advice and pursuing this myself.

+Quote Post
gymbratleotards
post Jul 13 2009, 09:58 AM
Post #21

QUOTE (dsunker @ Jul 13 2009, 11:12 AM) *
UPDATE UPDATE

After being told last Monday that the refunc would be processed that day, I was told this morning that they only do refunds by special request and then it is done on Friday. (I am still on the phone as I type this and they are "looking into why I haven't received my refund yet".

They then told me that standard policy is to just adjust it on the next statement unless you call in and request something different.

And again was told the brochure wasn't advertising and didn't look like advertising... lol.....

GRRRRRRRRRRRR

I was just told it would be put through this friday, or I could have it done today and have my account put on hold till they "balanced" my account (in other words, I would not receive any money for charges for at least a week.).

If any one here has talked to an attorney about this, Please contact me. If not, I will be seeking legal advice and pursuing this myself.

I'm hoping that I hear back from the attorney I contacted. I think I will give them a call in case they did not receive the email.

Lets all keep in touch on this subject because there is power in numbers. We should definitely have a united front if we want this to never happen again.

+Quote Post
brain
post Jul 13 2009, 03:12 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 26

Hi All -

I apologize we have not been more responsive in this thread. First of all, given the nature of account sensitivity and security, I would recommend that you either contact your Merchant account provider, or our Ecommerce Support if you have any specific questions about CISP / PCI or scanning, etc.

Just to clear up a couple of point:

1. All level 4 merchants, which most if not all of you are, are required to be 100% CISP/PCI compliant and have been for several years. However, it is up the acquirer bank, who sponsors your merchant account provider to verify you are compliant. Basically, the grace period for being compliant has passed and the acquirer banks are now requiring the mandatory compliance.

2. The NetworkSolutions Ecommerce package is 100% compliant. However, that does not mean that just because you subscribe to the package that you are compliant. There are several areas of compliance that would be impossible for us to control and depend on you to ensure the rules are being met.

3. The best example is at the heart of the issue being discussed here. You as an individual merchant are required to get a quarterly scan from a compliant scanner and complete and keep updated a PCI questionnaire. The service you are being charged via your Merchant Account Provider for is for the quarterly scan and questionnaire registration.

This is simply a required charge for a mandatory service, however, many of you may already subscribed to a scanner and happy with that service. In either case, chances are your merchant account provider is able to get you better price for these services than you can as an individual. So if you are already subscribed to a scanner, it is worthwhile to see if the scanner being offered by your Merchant account Provider is less expensive.

If you choose to remain with your own scanning service, then you simply need to contact your merchant account provider and decline their scanning service.

4. While NetworkSolutions is not able to speak for all of the Merchant Account providers in the industry, our provider sent out several mailings as well as statement messages information customers of the upcoming program. However, if you still have questions or concerns for them, they will be happy to take your call.

Thanks

Brian

+Quote Post
dsunker
post Jul 13 2009, 03:53 PM
Post #23

QUOTE (brain @ Jul 13 2009, 04:30 PM) *
Hi All -

I apologize we have not been more responsive in this thread. First of all, given the nature of account sensitivity and security, I would recommend that you either contact your Merchant account provider, or our Ecommerce Support if you have any specific questions about CISP / PCI or scanning, etc.

1. All level 4 merchants, which most if not all of you are, are required to be 100% CISP/PCI compliant and have been for several years. However, it is up the acquirer bank, who sponsors your merchant account provider to verify you are compliant. Basically, the grace period for being compliant has passed and the acquirer banks are now requiring the mandatory compliance.

2. The NetworkSolutions Ecommerce package is 100% compliant. However, that does not mean that just because you subscribe to the package that you are compliant. There are several areas of compliance that would be impossible for us to control and depend on you to ensure the rules are being met.

3. The best example is at the heart of the issue being discussed here. You as an individual merchant are required to get a quarterly scan from a compliant scanner and complete and keep updated a PCI questionnaire. The service you are being charged via your Merchant Account Provider for is for the quarterly scan and questionnaire registration.

This is simply a required charge for a mandatory service, however, many of you may already subscribed to a scanner and happy with that service. In either case, chances are your merchant account provider is able to get you better price for these services than you can as an individual. So if you are already subscribed to a scanner, it is worthwhile to see if the scanner being offered by your Merchant account Provider is less expensive.

If you choose to remain with your own scanning service, then you simply need to contact your merchant account provider and decline their scanning service.

4. While NetworkSolutions is not able to speak for all of the Merchant Account providers in the industry, our provider sent out several mailings as well as statement messages information customers of the upcoming program. However, if you still have questions or concerns for them, they will be happy to take your call.

Thanks

Brian

The problem now is that we have declined, they won't give the money back.... we are talking NPC here.... If they (is that you) just immediatly refunded the money once they received the decline form there would be less of an issue here.

As it is, they are holding my money hostage.......

+Quote Post
brain
post Jul 13 2009, 04:02 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 26

QUOTE (dsunker @ Jul 13 2009, 04:11 PM) *
The problem now is that we have declined, they won't give the money back.... we are talking NPC here.... If they (is that you) just immediatly refunded the money once they received the decline form there would be less of an issue here.

As it is, they are holding my money hostage.......

To my knowledge, NetworkSolutions is not associated with NPC in any way. And I can't really comment on their actions. However, what I can say is the company that does our Merchant Account Provider, Bank Card Services, is one of our oldest partnerships and really good people to work with. If you're not happy with how your provider is treating you, our guys are the way to go. (800.838.939)

Thanks

Brian

+Quote Post
ahdco
post Jul 13 2009, 10:46 PM
Post #25

QUOTE (brain @ Jul 13 2009, 03:30 PM) *
Hi All -

Thanks

Brian

Reply to:
#1. (However, it is up the acquirer bank, who sponsors your merchant account provider to verify you are compliant.) Who or what is an acquirer bank? How do I know if I am a level 4 merchant and what is a level 4 merchant? Can I be a three or a five (pretty please?)

#2. Why doesn't someone write on a chalkboard EXACTLY what it takes to be compliant? DO me a favor. I DON’T WANT TO SEE ANY CREDIT CARD NUMBERS! I don't want to smell them or touch them, take them to Dinner and a show or call them sweetheart. KEEP YOUR CC NUMBERS. I DON’T NEED THEM!!!!
Is that compliant?? Do you want to scan that? SCAN THIS (*&@#) while you're at it.

#3. Give me a break with charging for a "Scan". Oh, I forgot the questionnaire, my bad. Yeah that’s worth a $200.00 self imposed fee to MAKE SURE WE ARE COMPLIANT! So I fill out a form and your computer scans my computer and they talk together with 1's and 0's till early morning.

#4. Your provider sent out 1 mailing, that's all. What statement messages are you referring to? I don't remember getting a statement from anyone except Net Sol on a monthly basis.
And as to an earlier post, the mailing was as spammy as one could get. That's why it's at the garbage heap with all the other cr-- I get! Quit sending excuses and start sending greenbacks. Cold hard cash. Texas Tea, etc.

Did anyone at NPC (No Personal Contact) hear of email? It's a really great new feature to the internet. Yeah, whenever you have something important to discuss or want a reply (so that you absolutely know that the recipient has actually read what you sent) you send an email. You got my name, my bank account number, my phone, my account history but... I guess you lost my email so that you could notify me, and get a response, when you intend to debit my account and run away and not answer phones for the weekend!!

(You know, I just don't have enough exclamation marks to make my point)

Bottom line time. You are one keystroke away from me saying Bye Bye. If NPC is running scared of all us level 4 merchants who spend good money setting up SSL certs, BBB certs and running our businesses like professionals and treating the customer and his credit card like they are gods, then maybe you should scan me for free and send the questionnaire via EMAIL (That's electronic mail) so that I could respond promptly and you would then have a reply message sent back to you.

If you think that I will sit back and let my hard earned money be stolen from me for some petty program that some chump dreamt up while sitting on his 55 footer in the Bahamas, you don't know me very well. Hit the "SEND" button (the one right next to "Damn, another one got away) button and give me my refund.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 03:54 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates