nsForum logo

Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Blog Hosting Question..., Need layman answer, please!
reneewood
post Apr 15 2012, 09:38 AM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 2,051

Am really working on my inbound marketing, and with that, reading alot about blogs.....most recent reading, "it is imperative that your blog not include the name of the platform in the URL.....which mine does. The last I checked, we couldn't host a blog on Network Solutions. Book recommends the url of blog be: TheComfortCompany.net/blog OR blog.TheComfortCompany.net.

Has there been any change in the ability to host blog on Network Solutions? Or does anyone have a "fix" for this or have their blog set up correctly?

Just wondering, but would need an answer in non-tech language. Thank you!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
martiniguy
post Apr 15 2012, 02:19 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 775

QUOTE (reneewood @ Apr 15 2012, 08:38 AM) *
Am really working on my inbound marketing, and with that, reading alot about blogs.....most recent reading, "it is imperative that your blog not include the name of the platform in the URL.....which mine does. The last I checked, we couldn't host a blog on Network Solutions. Book recommends the url of blog be: TheComfortCompany.net/blog OR blog.TheComfortCompany.net.

Has there been any change in the ability to host blog on Network Solutions? Or does anyone have a "fix" for this or have their blog set up correctly?

Just wondering, but would need an answer in non-tech language. Thank you!

Hey reneewood. We hosted our blog on typepad. We were able to do 2 things that solved the problem:
-In our DOMAIN hosting account (martiniart.com), we were able to add a "Cname record" for blog.martiniart.com
-In our typepad hosting account, we were able to point our blog to that domain name

So, our blog resolved to blog.martiniart.com

As far as I know, there is no built in solution here. Best of luck with it.

As far as SEO goes, I would make sure that you are reading the absolute latest info on blogging and social media marketing - lots and lots has changed recently.

+Quote Post
reneewood
post Apr 15 2012, 03:06 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,051

I appreciate your response! I will look into that...right now the blog is on Blogspot. Not sure if I can manipulate it that way or not....

+Quote Post
martiniguy
post Apr 15 2012, 03:13 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 775

QUOTE (reneewood @ Apr 15 2012, 02:06 PM) *
I appreciate your response! I will look into that...right now the blog is on Blogspot. Not sure if I can manipulate it that way or not....

I think you can do the same thing at blogspot.

+Quote Post
SkippyMcGoo
post Apr 16 2012, 10:53 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 5,382

Relevant:
https://support.google.com/blogger/bin/stat...&page=ts.cs
Blogger offers two free publishing options for your blog: hosting on Blogspot (example.blogspot.com) and hosting on your own custom domain (www.example.com or foo.example.com). You can change your publishing option at anytime, and your content will always remain unaltered regardless of which of these options you choose.

Whether you want to purchase a new domain through Blogger or publish on a domain which you already own, we’ll walk you through the process of setting up your blog for a custom domain.
So rather than - http://thecomfortcompany.blogspot.com/ - you'd use - http://blog.thecomfortcompany.net/ ...

+Quote Post
classichostess
post Apr 19 2012, 12:24 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 1,229

QUOTE (martiniguy @ Apr 15 2012, 03:19 PM) *
As far as SEO goes, I would make sure that you are reading the absolute latest info on blogging and social media marketing - lots and lots has changed recently.

Were looking into doing a blog on our site itself. Network solutions does not support this.

I noticed our blog is not ranking and there is no action with it. I heard from many that blogs are not so common anymore. Were working with our SEO company to come up with an ides.

Connie

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 09:42 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates