Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Uploading Zip Files To The File Manager
christianbooksbi...
post Aug 4 2008, 06:14 AM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 501

I am having a hard time uploading zip files, and then extracting them to their appropriate folders (as I have always done in the past).

In short, I zip up several folders and save the save path. I then upload it to the file manager root, and unzip it.

When I used to do this, the files would be distributed to the correct sub-folders because I saved the save path in the zip. However, now, I get an error message stating something about disabled extensions (maybe these are the actual folders that are causing the problem?).

Any ideas as to how to resolve this?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ddavis
post Aug 4 2008, 06:50 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 6

QUOTE (christianbooksbibles @ Aug 4 2008, 06:32 AM) *
I am having a hard time uploading zip files, and then extracting them to their appropriate folders (as I have always done in the past).

In short, I zip up several folders and save the save path. I then upload it to the file manager root, and unzip it.

When I used to do this, the files would be distributed to the correct sub-folders because I saved the save path in the zip. However, now, I get an error message stating something about disabled extensions (maybe these are the actual folders that are causing the problem?).

Any ideas as to how to resolve this?

What types of files are you attempting to unzip? It sounds like you might be unzipping an archive that contains a filetype that is not permitted for upload, such as a .exe

+Quote Post
christianbooksbi...
post Aug 4 2008, 12:06 PM
Post #3

No, they are just images that are .jpg

I have several zip files in the root of my file manager if you want to take a look.

+Quote Post
ddavis
post Aug 4 2008, 01:05 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (christianbooksbibles @ Aug 4 2008, 12:24 PM) *
No, they are just images that are .jpg

I have several zip files in the root of my file manager if you want to take a look.

I looked and I can't figure out why it is returning that error. It appears to be unzipping everything in the file. I'll try and figure out why that error is returned but it doesn't look like this is currently preventing you from unzipping the jpg files.

+Quote Post
christianbooksbi...
post Aug 4 2008, 03:39 PM
Post #5

I actually noticed that it wasn't extracting the .jpg files when I received that error (at least for several of the attempts I made).

Please let me know what needs to be done as I have been trying to upload for 2 weeks now with no success.

+Quote Post
ddavis
post Aug 4 2008, 03:39 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (christianbooksbibles @ Aug 4 2008, 03:57 PM) *
I actually noticed that it wasn't extracting the .jpg files when I received that error (at least for several of the attempts I made).

Please let me know what needs to be done as I have been trying to upload for 2 weeks now with no success.

It extracted them for me, let me try again.

Update: Yeah, working for me. The error appears to be because the zipped folders don't have a file extension. This doesn't seem to prevent the extraction of the jpg files as you can see in the 006 folder on your site.

+Quote Post
christianbooksbi...
post Aug 4 2008, 04:55 PM
Post #7

Alright, I will try again.

On a separate note, the file manager will accept uploads (although the largest I have been able to do is a little under 7MB), I am still unable to import anything through the import/export. I cannot even upload a 700 KB File.

Any suggestions? I have tried calling numerous times with no help...

+Quote Post
ddavis
post Aug 4 2008, 04:58 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (christianbooksbibles @ Aug 4 2008, 05:13 PM) *
Alright, I will try again.

On a separate note, the file manager will accept uploads (although the largest I have been able to do is a little under 7MB), I am still unable to import anything through the import/export. I cannot even upload a 700 KB File.

Any suggestions? I have tried calling numerous times with no help...

I can reproduce your problems with the import. We pulled a copy of your site to work with and are looking into it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 22nd December 2014 - 06:39 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates