Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Configuring Imap, need help seting up IMAP email settings
ThailandLaw
post Jan 22 2009, 02:57 AM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 3,564

I am trying to set up our email for IMAP. We have always been configuring for POP3 in the past. The instrcutions on NS refer to Outlook email set up and we have made the chyanges on Outlook. However as soon as we try to receive or send we get a message that IMAP is disabled. How do we enable IMAP?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Craig
post Jan 22 2009, 09:31 AM
Post #2

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1,317

QUOTE (ThailandLaw @ Jan 22 2009, 03:15 AM) *
I am trying to set up our email for IMAP. We have always been configuring for POP3 in the past. The instrcutions on NS refer to Outlook email set up and we have made the chyanges on Outlook. However as soon as we try to receive or send we get a message that IMAP is disabled. How do we enable IMAP?

IMAP is not supported on Standard Hosting Package or A-La-Carte Personal E-mail boxes. It is supported on mailboxes that are part of an Advanced or Pro shared hosting packages, Virtual Private Servers, and Standard or Pro E-Commerce packages.

You can upgrade from a Standard to Advanced hosting package for the prorated difference in price.

+Quote Post
pkuprionas
post Feb 11 2009, 04:35 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,221

QUOTE (Craig @ Jan 22 2009, 09:49 AM) *
IMAP is not supported on Standard Hosting Package or A-La-Carte Personal E-mail boxes. It is supported on mailboxes that are part of an Advanced or Pro shared hosting packages, Virtual Private Servers, and Standard or Pro E-Commerce packages.

You can upgrade from a Standard to Advanced hosting package for the prorated difference in price.

IMAP is also supported on our new Business Email:

http://www.networksolutions.com/email-acco...iness-email.jsp

You can upgrade any of your existing email boxes to Business Email from within your Network Solutions Account Manager.

Business Email Features:

Shared calendars, address books and tasks
Shared document management
Industry-leading spam and virus protection from Symantec® Brightmail
2 GB of storage space
50 MB for email attachments
10 aliases (forwarding addresses) per emailbox
POP3/IMAP support and mobile access
Microsoft® Outlook®/Outlook Express®, Eudora®, and Netscape® compatible
Webmail with calendars, address books, and tasks and NO ads!*
NO set-up fees
Free 24/7 Real Person™ Customer Service

+Quote Post
Rhonda
post Jun 23 2009, 05:57 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 734

QUOTE (Craig @ Jan 22 2009, 09:49 AM) *

Where are the instructions for using IMAP for my Pro E-Commerce package? The document I was referred to from the mail server doesn't include it (only POP it appears).

+Quote Post
Rhonda
post Jun 23 2009, 07:30 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Rhonda @ Jun 23 2009, 06:15 PM) *
Where are the instructions for using IMAP for my Pro E-Commerce package? The document I was referred to from the mail server doesn't include it (only POP it appears).

Nevermind; I figured it out that the settings are exactly the same as with POP.

+Quote Post
Rhonda
post Jun 29 2009, 08:43 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (Rhonda @ Jun 23 2009, 07:48 PM) *
Nevermind; I figured it out that the settings are exactly the same as with POP.

Well, ever since I setup my email accounts in Outlook 2007 via IMAP (three different domains that all have Pro Ecommerce), I get spotty connections at best.

I keep getting intermittant "A connection to the server cannot be established. mail.xxxx.com is not in offline mode."

Why does this happen so often? Messages are downloading but I consistently get this message.

Are the IMAP settings different than the POP settings? If so, can someone please forward to me because the online instructions didn't have IMAP settings.

Thanks!

+Quote Post
ArcoJedi
post Jun 29 2009, 09:05 AM
Post #7

Jedi Master

Member No.: 13

I'd suggest that you start here -
http://www.emailuserguide.com/07-setup-imap.htm

+Quote Post
Rhonda
post Jun 29 2009, 09:41 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (ArcoJedi @ Jun 29 2009, 09:23 AM) *
I'd suggest that you start here -
http://www.emailuserguide.com/07-setup-imap.htm

I DID start there last week and the instructions are for POP and not specifically for IMAP. One thing I noted was that in my Network Solutions account, it says outgoing server should be mail.xxxxxx.com but in these instructions, it says outgoing server should be smtp.xxxxxx.com.

I just changed my settings to smtp so maybe that's it???? What SHOULD the outgoing server be for POP and IMAP?

I'm still getting the "connection cannot be established" messages intermittently and I NEVER got them when setup as POP.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 09:23 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates