Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Email Frustration
jlancaster237
post Sep 10 2010, 09:16 AM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 11,085

We have noticed in the last couple of days that people were not receiving our emails. Then once we looked into it it became apparent that we couldn't send emails out either. There are no bouncebacks or errors either way. Then we checked out mxtoolbox.com and it turns out that the 2 domains that we have had with Network Solutions for not much longer than a month (and have rarely used the email accounts on both) were both listed on a blacklist called Tiopan. If you haven't heard of this one, look it up. NOBODY is having any success getting off of this blacklist since nobody with Tiopan seems to reply. I sent an email requesting a removal from the blacklist but i am not optimistic since I have not seen one person on the internet say they were successfully removed from this list. I'm not sure if this is why our emails are having all these problems but I'm sure it doesn't help. We talked with a tech at NetSol yesterday and told them all about this but they didn't seem to even consider this and opted to do some kind of procedure that involved resetting the email server or something. No surprise, that didn't do a thing. My wife called NetSol this morning and heard a recording that stated they are aware of an email problem that is related to Verizon. Well, we aren't on Verizon we are on Comcast (another quality establishment)...and we can't even send emails to one another! Anybody else having similar issues? This is beyond frustrating and needs dealt with asap.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Laurie004
post Sep 10 2010, 09:57 AM
Post #2

Group: NetSol Staff
Member No.: 6,344

The effect of being listed on a blacklist will only impact if email servers use that blacklist to filter emails. If anyone is using Tiopan as a filter, I would recommend for them to contact Tiopan to find out why they will not respond to removal requests. We have not been successfull in contacting this blacklist for removal.

The issue with Verizon was an issue with latency on Verizon's servers. Network Solutions servers have not been affected by the issue, except that our customers are having issue sending to Verizon customers.

If you use Comcast and a mail client, Comcast requires that you use Comcast outgoing mail servers for sending anything from mail client. See links below for more information.

http://www.spamhaus.org/pbl/query/PBL191970
http://customer.comcast.com/Pages/FAQViewe...95-1b3467ceb935

+Quote Post
jlancaster237
post Sep 10 2010, 10:06 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (Laurie004 @ Sep 10 2010, 10:57 AM) *
The effect of being listed on a blacklist will only impact if email servers use that blacklist to filter emails. If anyone is using Tiopan as a filter, I would recommend for them to contact Tiopan to find out why they will not respond to removal requests. We have not been successfull in contacting this blacklist for removal.

The issue with Verizon was an issue with latency on Verizon's servers. Network Solutions servers have not been affected by the issue, except that our customers are having issue sending to Verizon customers.

If you use Comcast and a mail client, Comcast requires that you use Comcast outgoing mail servers for sending anything from mail client. See links below for more information.

http://www.spamhaus.org/pbl/query/PBL191970
http://customer.comcast.com/Pages/FAQViewe...95-1b3467ceb935

First of all, I mistyped something--i had meant to say that we weren't receiving or able to send. I have tried using the Comcast outgoing server to no avail. Even so, we are having the send/recieve issues when using the NetSol webmail also.

+Quote Post
jlancaster237
post Sep 11 2010, 03:30 PM
Post #4

Long story short, I never could figure out the problem after trying every setting option I could think of (using Mac Mail 4.3) , so out of curiosity I installed Thunderbird on my Mac. After tweaking the settings a bit it seems that Thunderbird can finally send and receive mail...BUT...now I have now noticed when I send an email to someone and they reply to it, I don't get the reply. But the same person can send me a non-replying email from that same account and it comes through fine. Any ideas? Nothing on our end ever changed and out of the blue things just stopped working correctly. I am out of patience here and have wasted way too much time on this.

+Quote Post
emcnulty15
post Sep 12 2010, 09:43 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 11,108

I am having the same problem, since Sept 01. I ouse Outlook via Verizon at home, and Outlook Express via Cablevision at the office. I cannot send on either account. I called Network Solutions, who told me it was Verizon, etc.'s fault and I called Cablevision who told me it was Network Solutions.

Fortunately, we have retained out aol account and now use that until someone takes responsibility for this.

By the way, you can send email if you go directly on to your server, too.

+Quote Post
jlancaster237
post Sep 13 2010, 08:18 AM
Post #6

I checked via Thunderbird, iPhone, and webmail and it's the same everytime--when I send out an email from my NetSol email account to someone else, they receive it. If that person replies, I don't get the reply but if they send me a direct email I do get that. Since this is involving the incoming server (NetSol's) it seems to me that it should be a NetSol issue. Maybe some kind of filter that NetSol has set up has an issue with email replies?! Sounds far fetched but who knows. I have no firewalls or antivirus here so it's not an issue with me. I am ready to move all my accounts out of here so someone from NS, feel free to chime in here with some answers.

+Quote Post
BTHorneIII
post Sep 16 2010, 08:13 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 11,153

We are having the exact same problem. Started cropping up about 2 weeks ago. This has to be a network solutions problem. Contacted support. They were able to send one email successfully and said it was not their problem. I suspect their spam filter is causing the problem.... I will contact them again and hopefully get someone who is interested in keeping out business.

+Quote Post
dhuff125
post Sep 17 2010, 10:18 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 539

We have noticed that anything with an attachment (images, pdfs, etc) go nowhere. It really is killing our business since we rely on email communication for everything and customizing uniforms DEMANDS that we be able to send customers proofs of what they are going to get. We have tried all the "suggestions" NETSOL has put forth and still have the same problem.

Doug
ACDSports.com

+Quote Post
Laurie004
post Sep 17 2010, 01:10 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (jlancaster237 @ Sep 11 2010, 04:30 PM) *
Long story short, I never could figure out the problem after trying every setting option I could think of (using Mac Mail 4.3) , so out of curiosity I installed Thunderbird on my Mac. After tweaking the settings a bit it seems that Thunderbird can finally send and receive mail...BUT...now I have now noticed when I send an email to someone and they reply to it, I don't get the reply. But the same person can send me a non-replying email from that same account and it comes through fine. Any ideas? Nothing on our end ever changed and out of the blue things just stopped working correctly. I am out of patience here and have wasted way too much time on this.

Most likely your domain has been filtered by our spam filter. You could have a virus that is sending emails with your signature or someone is submitting your emails as spam. When receiver replies to your email, your email address is moved to the body of the email. The spam filter will then filter when the email comes into the server. We can quickly remedy this if you provide us with the domain to dispute the block.

+Quote Post
Laurie004
post Sep 17 2010, 01:12 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (emcnulty15 @ Sep 12 2010, 10:43 PM) *
I am having the same problem, since Sept 01. I ouse Outlook via Verizon at home, and Outlook Express via Cablevision at the office. I cannot send on either account. I called Network Solutions, who told me it was Verizon, etc.'s fault and I called Cablevision who told me it was Network Solutions.

Fortunately, we have retained out aol account and now use that until someone takes responsibility for this.

By the way, you can send email if you go directly on to your server, too.

If unable to connect to the incoming mail server follow steps below:
• Verify that you are able to log into webmail by going to mail.domain.ext
• Verify that you are able to receive email in webmail
• Verify the settings in your POP3/IMAP email client are correct (see 'Settings for POP/IMAP' section below)
• Clear Cache/Cookies/History
• Power-cycle router or external modem (unplug and plug back in)
• Disable Firewall/Anti-virus software (see 'Firewall/AntiVirus' section below)

If unable to connect to the outgoing mail server follow steps below:
• Verify that you are able to log into webmail by going to mail.domain.ext
• Verify that you are able to send email in webmail
• Verify the settings in your POP3/IMAP email client are correct (see section below titled 'Settings for POP/IMAP')
o Try changing your outgoing port numbers to either 2525 or 587
o Make sure smtp authentication is checked
• Clear Cache/Cookies/History
• Power-cycle router or external modem (unplug and plug back in)
• Disable Firewall/Anti-virus software (see section below titled 'Firewall/Antivirus')
Settings for POP/IMAP

Note: Please use your actual domain name, not 'domain.ext'
• Username = [name@domain.ext]
• Password = [the password you set up when you configured your mail box]
• Incoming Mail Server: [mail.domain.ext]
• Incoming Server Port: POP 110 or IMAP 143
• Outgoing Mail Server: [smtp.domain.ext]
o Outgoing Server requires Authentication
o Use Same Username and Password as Incoming
• Outgoing Server Port: 2525 or 587
Firewall/Antivirus
• If your settings are correct, but you're still unable to connect, then most likely you have another program interfering with the connection.
• Verify you're not running any firewalls or proxy software which block access to checking POP e-mail, or require a special setup.
• The e-mail scanning feature in Anti-Virus programs can cause problems while trying to check Internet e-mail accounts such as your Network Solutions Internet e-mail in Eudora, Outlook, MAC Mail or other programs.
• Try disabling e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program and then try checking your mail again. (Contact your IT department or software manufacturers for assistance)
• If disabling e-mail scanning fixes the problem and enables you to check mail, then you can try following your anti-virus programs instructions for resolving this problem.

Please use the following links below for more help with setting up your POP/IMAP client:

http://www.networksolutions.com/support/mail-videos/
For instructions on how to enable SMTP Authentication, please visit the following link:
http://www.networksolutions.com/support/ho...-authentication

+Quote Post
Laurie004
post Sep 17 2010, 01:16 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (BTHorneIII @ Sep 16 2010, 09:13 PM) *
We are having the exact same problem. Started cropping up about 2 weeks ago. This has to be a network solutions problem. Contacted support. They were able to send one email successfully and said it was not their problem. I suspect their spam filter is causing the problem.... I will contact them again and hopefully get someone who is interested in keeping out business.

Network Solutions uses Spamhaus.org's blacklist for suspect IP's to filter. It sounds like your IP address is probably listed since we could not replicate the issue. You can retrieve your IP at a site like http://whatismyip.org and searching http://www.spamhaus.org/lookup.lasso to see if you are listed. I can tell you exactly what virus you have if that is the reason.

+Quote Post
Laurie004
post Sep 17 2010, 01:20 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (dhuff125 @ Sep 17 2010, 11:18 AM) *
We have noticed that anything with an attachment (images, pdfs, etc) go nowhere. It really is killing our business since we rely on email communication for everything and customizing uniforms DEMANDS that we be able to send customers proofs of what they are going to get. We have tried all the "suggestions" NETSOL has put forth and still have the same problem.

Doug
ACDSports.com

Your issue sounds like the content of the attachments are reported as spam. If a message is not received we can search upto 7 days for the filtered email and submit the filter as legit, quickly allowing the emails to deliver.

+Quote Post
BTHorneIII
post Sep 18 2010, 06:14 AM
Post #13

QUOTE (Laurie004 @ Sep 17 2010, 02:16 PM) *
Network Solutions uses Spamhaus.org's blacklist for suspect IP's to filter. It sounds like your IP address is probably listed since we could not replicate the issue. You can retrieve your IP at a site like http://whatismyip.org and searching http://www.spamhaus.org/lookup.lasso to see if you are listed. I can tell you exactly what virus you have if that is the reason.

What virus do I have ?

+Quote Post
BTHorneIII
post Sep 19 2010, 04:29 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (BTHorneIII @ Sep 18 2010, 07:14 AM) *
What virus do I have ?

I found out our domain name is on the Tiopan blacklist. How that happened, I have no idea. Wish I could find out. I have emailed them requesting we be removed, but from what I have read, it is next to impossible. Any help from you Netsol would be GREATLY appreciated. Domain is herffjones-va.com. Found this using Mxtoolbox.com

+Quote Post
dhuff125
post Sep 19 2010, 06:43 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 539

QUOTE (Laurie004 @ Sep 17 2010, 11:20 AM) *
Your issue sounds like the content of the attachments are reported as spam. If a message is not received we can search upto 7 days for the filtered email and submit the filter as legit, quickly allowing the emails to deliver.

We create .jpgs as proof for customers. Different names, sizes and content. The only other attachment we include is a one page .pdf

It's totally random when they don't get delivered. Trouble is I have absolutely no confidence in the system so I have to use a gmail account which is less than professional.

+Quote Post
Laurie004
post Sep 20 2010, 08:25 AM
Post #16

QUOTE (BTHorneIII @ Sep 19 2010, 05:29 PM) *
I found out our domain name is on the Tiopan blacklist. How that happened, I have no idea. Wish I could find out. I have emailed them requesting we be removed, but from what I have read, it is next to impossible. Any help from you Netsol would be GREATLY appreciated. Domain is herffjones-va.com. Found this using Mxtoolbox.com

We recommend that you advise anyone using Tiopan as a blacklist to unsubscribe from Tiopan as a spam filter and to submit a complaint directly to Tiopan. This listing will only be a problem for mail servers that use Tiopan as a spam filter. Also the listing of Network Solutions inbound server IP on Tiopan, will not effect outbound sending of emails.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 03:47 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates