Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Download To Qb Rather Than Webconnect
SteveTNT
post Aug 2 2010, 08:28 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 10,279

I will be going live in a few weeks and am reading about a lot of problems with Webconnect. It seems like a lot of folks are spending a lot of time trying to fix problems.

My question is whether I'd be better off skipping Webconnect and downloading orders from NS and importing into Quickbooks? Or, does export/import have the same problems. I understand that export/import is a manual operation, but if it really works that might save time over "fixing" Webconnect errors.

Related problem. Export/import might give me a chance to fix the QB limitation of a 31 character Name field. I'm not sure yet of the details of how I'll work around this, but I could alter the NS export - maybe cut and paste to exchange Name and Part Number (letting part number be the QB "Name") before the QB import. As long as I maintain Mfg part numbers in QB I should be able to generate POs.

Any good ideas out there?

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sundialwire
post Aug 3 2010, 08:31 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,972

QUOTE (SteveTNT @ Aug 2 2010, 09:28 PM) *
I will be going live in a few weeks and am reading about a lot of problems with Webconnect. It seems like a lot of folks are spending a lot of time trying to fix problems.

My question is whether I'd be better off skipping Webconnect and downloading orders from NS and importing into Quickbooks? Or, does export/import have the same problems. I understand that export/import is a manual operation, but if it really works that might save time over "fixing" Webconnect errors.

I don't think you'll be able to import orders via import, just customers, items, vendors. Unless I'm missing something. Is there another alternative to using WebConnect for order import?
QUOTE (SteveTNT @ Aug 2 2010, 09:28 PM) *
Related problem. Export/import might give me a chance to fix the QB limitation of a 31 character Name field. I'm not sure yet of the details of how I'll work around this, but I could alter the NS export - maybe cut and paste to exchange Name and Part Number (letting part number be the QB "Name") before the QB import. As long as I maintain Mfg part numbers in QB I should be able to generate POs.

When you import products using Excel instead of syncing with WebConnect, do they subsequently link up when you bring in orders with WebConnect? Maybe this is a way around my variations problem.

Sorry I'm not adding information but asking more questions. Please let us know what you try and what works and what doesn't.

Hilary
www.sundialwire.com

+Quote Post
SteveTNT
post Sep 20 2010, 02:07 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 10,279

QUOTE (sundialwire @ Aug 3 2010, 09:31 AM) *
I don't think you'll be able to import orders via import, just customers, items, vendors. Unless I'm missing something. Is there another alternative to using WebConnect for order import?

When you import products using Excel instead of syncing with WebConnect, do they subsequently link up when you bring in orders with WebConnect? Maybe this is a way around my variations problem.

Sorry I'm not adding information but asking more questions. Please let us know what you try and what works and what doesn't.

Hilary
www.sundialwire.com

It's been a little while since you asked this question. Sorry for the delay.

I have given up on the Excel option. I am loading inventory into QB (no variations, just overall total). Then using Webconnect to import (and associate) into NS. I set up my variations (including individual on hand quantities) in NS. Orders relieve the variation detailed on hand in NS and sync to relieve the overall total in QB. The way NS creates product name had me stumped for syncing variations with QB.

I'm not yet sure how I'll handle re-orders -- probably will require manual update to variation on hand just like initial load.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 06:58 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates