Reply to this topicStart new topic
> .net Framework 3.5, Schedule for .NET Framework 3.5
UpsideDownASPNET
post Sep 19 2008, 01:05 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 2,318

Hi,

We URGENTLY need to know how soon Network Solutions will implement the .NET Framework 3.5 on it's Windows servers.

Will it happen within the next three to six months? (IMG:http://forums.networksolutions.com/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

We need to know for our websites as well as those for our clients.

Thank you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
psybert
post Dec 6 2008, 11:14 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,980

QUOTE (UpsideDownASPNET @ Sep 19 2008, 02:23 PM) *
Hi,

We URGENTLY need to know how soon Network Solutions will implement the .NET Framework 3.5 on it's Windows servers.

Will it happen within the next three to six months? (IMG:http://forums.networksolutions.com/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

We need to know for our websites as well as those for our clients.

Thank you.

I'm under the same situation. I'm currently looking for a new hosting provider. I can't wait this out with no timeline. 3.5 has been out for over a year now, it's ridiculous that network solutions can't upgrade their software in a year to help their customers.

+Quote Post
SeanDL
post Dec 20 2008, 11:39 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 3,350

QUOTE (psybert @ Dec 7 2008, 12:32 AM) *
I'm under the same situation. I'm currently looking for a new hosting provider. I can't wait this out with no timeline. 3.5 has been out for over a year now, it's ridiculous that network solutions can't upgrade their software in a year to help their customers.

If I'm not mistaken, the 3.5 Framework change affects the compiler, and runtime is still 2.0. You should be able to create 3.5 apps and run them on servers running the 2.0 Framework just fine.

+Quote Post
UpsideDownASPNET
post Dec 20 2008, 01:47 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 2,318

QUOTE (SeanDL @ Dec 20 2008, 11:57 AM) *
If I'm not mistaken, the 3.5 Framework change affects the compiler, and runtime is still 2.0. You should be able to create 3.5 apps and run them on servers running the 2.0 Framework just fine.

Not specific to the 3.5 Framework, there was another serious concern. See my other post with the subject line ".net Webservice". There I asked "Does NetSol Web Host support .NET Web Services?" The response from Duane, an Admin with Network Solutions Technical Support, was "I'm sorry, but our Windows servers do not support SOAP or .NET Web Services." So a decision was made more upon THAT then anything else.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 15th September 2014 - 07:33 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates