Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Php Info
hostingMod-NS
post Jul 17 2008, 08:04 AM
Post #1

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1,114

A PHP Info script will give you information about the PHP installation and configuration of the server and can be very useful in troubleshooting issues with your PHP scripts.

Simply create a file with the following PHP commands and save it as phpinfo.php

CODE
<?
phpinfo();
?>

Then upload the phpinfo.php file to your /htdocs directory.

You can then access the file by visiting: http://domain-name.com/phpinfo.php where domain-name.com is the name of the domain assigned to your hosting package.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
chester
post Jun 8 2010, 12:50 PM
Post #2

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 9,901

You might want to suggest that people quickly go back and comment out the phpinfo() function or delete the file asap once they've got the results on screen considering it displays a plethora of sensitive information. You guys should know better, but considering the insane number of times you get hacked, maybe I shouldn't be surprised.

+Quote Post
tfremming
post Jul 28 2010, 10:29 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 811

I am trying to do this: http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/how-to-displa...-count-in-text/

Which requires me to upload a file facebook.php. When I try and upload this I get denied. Can someone please help me understand where I need to upload this to?

QUOTE (hostingMod-NS @ Jul 17 2008, 08:04 AM) *
A PHP Info script will give you information about the PHP installation and configuration of the server and can be very useful in troubleshooting issues with your PHP scripts.

Simply create a file with the following PHP commands and save it as phpinfo.php

CODE
<?
phpinfo();
?>

Then upload the phpinfo.php file to your /htdocs directory.

You can then access the file by visiting: http://domain-name.com/phpinfo.php where domain-name.com is the name of the domain assigned to your hosting package.

+Quote Post
techno.pagan
post Jul 28 2010, 01:30 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 1,438

QUOTE (tfremming @ Jul 28 2010, 11:29 AM) *
I am trying to do this: http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/how-to-displa...-count-in-text/

Which requires me to upload a file facebook.php. When I try and upload this I get denied. Can someone please help me understand where I need to upload this to?

I assume you are on a Unix hosting package? (PHP won't run on a Windows hosting package).

I would upload it to the /htdocs directory - then you can reference it from there.

+Quote Post
tfremming
post Jul 28 2010, 07:00 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 811

Where do I find the /htdocs directory for the ecomm solution? I don't see it anywhere.

QUOTE (techno.pagan @ Jul 28 2010, 01:30 PM) *
I assume you are on a Unix hosting package? (PHP won't run on a Windows hosting package).

I would upload it to the /htdocs directory - then you can reference it from there.

+Quote Post
techno.pagan
post Jul 28 2010, 09:28 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 1,438

QUOTE (tfremming @ Jul 28 2010, 08:00 PM) *
Where do I find the /htdocs directory for the ecomm solution? I don't see it anywhere.

You don't. It wouldn't run on an ecomm package even it you could; ecomm runs on Windows (aspx).

I think for security reasons you cannot run any server side script on an ecomm package. Your best bet is to find a javascript solutions (I think that will work on ecomm).

+Quote Post
revere2013
post Oct 24 2013, 08:41 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 21,814

I have followed these simple instructions of creating a file called "phpinfo.php" with contents being
<?
phpinfo();
?>

I have a UNIX hosting package and have uploaded the file to the proper /htdocs directory.

It DOES NOT WORK. yet when I call customer service they tell me nothing is wrong on their end. REALLY???!!!

When I try to load the page in a browser I get this error:

403: Forbidden

This error message is generated when the web server is trying to access a file that does not exist or has been configured incorrectly

Troubleshooting suggestions:

Ensure that you have a valid home page defined in your website directory (example: /htdocs/index.html, /htdocs/index.php). On Unix, this is case sensitive and must be all lower case.

In your Account Manager, under Hosting Tools, click to .Reset File Permissions..

+Quote Post
clinic711
post Nov 11 2013, 01:08 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 4,510

If PHP scripts will actually work on this .aspx platform then why can't a blog be installed in PHP on the root directory using the traditional PHP scripts?

I have been told time and time again that you can't have a blog associated on the root domain with the .aspx platform because of PHP conflicts?

However my SEO team feels it very important because of the ever changing algorithms of search?

Thoughts?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 26th September 2017 - 04:01 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates