nsForum logo

Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Phpmailer Email Class Installed On Ns, NS options for automated email using php
dmgatwork
post Nov 26 2013, 11:05 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 10,968

Trying to find out if this email class (class.phpmailer.php) is installed ? if so, is there any help files, scripts or documentation available?

Would like to use something else besides the basic php email function when sending out automated emails from the website.

Thanks
Don
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Craig
post Dec 8 2013, 10:45 PM
Post #2

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1,317

QUOTE (dmgatwork @ Nov 26 2013, 11:05 PM) *
Trying to find out if this email class (class.phpmailer.php) is installed ? if so, is there any help files, scripts or documentation available?

Would like to use something else besides the basic php email function when sending out automated emails from the website.

Thanks
Don

PHPmailer is not installed. You have access to use the php mail function or the Pear mail module.

+Quote Post
dmgatwork
post Jan 2 2015, 12:34 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (Craig @ Dec 8 2013, 11:45 PM) *
PHPmailer is not installed. You have access to use the php mail function or the Pear mail module.

I used the basic php mail but now need to use something like the PHP mailer. Any How-to's available for the PEAR mail function ? or what classes are available? SMTP ? or are you completely on your own with trial and error?

Thanks

+Quote Post
dmgatwork
post Jan 3 2015, 12:22 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (Craig @ Dec 8 2013, 10:45 PM) *

I thought I had posted this reply earlier but I don't see it.

Is there any additional information on the Pear mail module and what parameter values are needed?

Thanks

+Quote Post
Craig
post Jan 4 2015, 08:16 PM
Post #5

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1,317

QUOTE (dmgatwork @ Jan 3 2015, 12:22 PM) *
I thought I had posted this reply earlier but I don't see it.

Is there any additional information on the Pear mail module and what parameter values are needed?

Thanks

SMTP to an external server will not work as the firewall blocks it. Documentation for PEAR mail, with examples, can be found at http://pear.php.net/manual/en/package.mail.mail.send.php.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 26th March 2017 - 02:03 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates