Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Upload A Web Application Created Using Django Framework
sahajbedi
post Jul 28 2015, 12:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 24,281

I have created a web application using the Django framework and would like to upload it to the server. I have the following queries:
1. Is the framework supported by Network Solutions?
2. If yes, how can I upload and configure the website?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Craig
post Jul 28 2015, 07:40 PM
Post #2

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1,317

QUOTE (sahajbedi @ Jul 28 2015, 01:43 PM) *
I have created a web application using the Django framework and would like to upload it to the server. I have the following queries:
1. Is the framework supported by Network Solutions?
2. If yes, how can I upload and configure the website?

I do not have any experience with Django framework, but based on the requirements I found at https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.8/faq/install/, we meet the minimum requirements on our Unix servers as we are currently running Python 2.7.7 and have MySQL databases available.

You would be responsible for installing the Django framework and installing and maintaining your application. Python scripts (.py) must be placed in the CGI bin folder, and the permissions of the files must be changed to 755. Every Python script should start with a shebang line (i.e "#!/usr/bin/python" on our servers).

We do not provide support for custom code.

+Quote Post
Craig
post Jul 28 2015, 09:05 PM
Post #3

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1,317

QUOTE (Craig @ Jul 28 2015, 08:40 PM) *
I do not have any experience with Django framework, but based on the requirements I found at https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.8/faq/install/, we meet the minimum requirements on our Unix servers as we are currently running Python 2.7.7 and have MySQL databases available.

You would be responsible for installing the Django framework and installing and maintaining your application. Python scripts (.py) must be placed in the CGI bin folder, and the permissions of the files must be changed to 755. Every Python script should start with a shebang line (i.e "#!/usr/bin/python" on our servers).

We do not provide support for custom code.

Upon closer examiniation, it looks like you may need shell access to install Django. If that is the case, it will not work on our shared hosting, but could work on our VPS.

+Quote Post
sahajbedi
post Jul 29 2015, 04:31 PM
Post #4

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 24,281

QUOTE (Craig @ Jul 28 2015, 10:05 PM) *
Upon closer examiniation, it looks like you may need shell access to install Django. If that is the case, it will not work on our shared hosting, but could work on our VPS.

Thanks. Do you know any frameworks which will work on shared hosting?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 26th July 2017 - 07:26 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates