Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wordpress Contact Us Form Not Sending Email
GoBlue171
post Nov 2 2011, 04:14 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 15,734

Hello, thanks for reading and any help you may have.

I have a running wordpress installation but for some reason with every Custom Contact Us form the email never makes it to my email account associated with it. I have tried to use the Wordpress email version and setting it up through SMTP.

The php end of it is successful and gives a success message with each different plugin I have tried but for whatever reason the actual contact email simply never makes it through.

Any ideas on why this isnt working?

Thanks in advance, I appreciate it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Craig
post Nov 2 2011, 05:14 PM
Post #2

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1,317

QUOTE (GoBlue171 @ Nov 2 2011, 05:14 PM) *
Hello, thanks for reading and any help you may have.

I have a running wordpress installation but for some reason with every Custom Contact Us form the email never makes it to my email account associated with it. I have tried to use the Wordpress email version and setting it up through SMTP.

The php end of it is successful and gives a success message with each different plugin I have tried but for whatever reason the actual contact email simply never makes it through.

Any ideas on why this isnt working?

Thanks in advance, I appreciate it.

It won't work to use an SMTP server (like smtp.domain.com) because the hosting firewall blocks connections to external SMTP servers. You may be able to use 'localhost' as the SMTP server though.

For assistance with the PHP mail function not working correctly, you should either call our Support Center (1-866-391-4357 in the USA or Canada, +1-570-708-8788 for International) or open an Online Service Request at https://www.networksolutions.com/help/email.jsp.

+Quote Post
GoBlue171
post Nov 3 2011, 08:23 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 15,734

QUOTE (Craig @ Nov 2 2011, 06:14 PM) *
It won't work to use an SMTP server (like smtp.domain.com) because the hosting firewall blocks connections to external SMTP servers. You may be able to use 'localhost' as the SMTP server though.

For assistance with the PHP mail function not working correctly, you should either call our Support Center (1-866-391-4357 in the USA or Canada, +1-570-708-8788 for International) or open an Online Service Request at https://www.networksolutions.com/help/email.jsp.

I opened a support ticket and network solutions requested I buy mytime support package after renewing everything for 5 years. This isn't going to happen and I probably wouldn't have spent the time carefully describing the problem, when more than likely this is a simple issue of permissions using the email through the site. The prices of support for such far outweigh the issue and Ill find another way. One would think that back dooring the way in to a support package wouldn't exist for something this small after a large purchase but i guess that is the nature of the times.

+Quote Post
sansirio
post Jan 27 2012, 04:30 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 16,387

QUOTE (GoBlue171 @ Nov 3 2011, 08:23 AM) *
I opened a support ticket and network solutions requested I buy mytime support package after renewing everything for 5 years. This isn't going to happen and I probably wouldn't have spent the time carefully describing the problem, when more than likely this is a simple issue of permissions using the email through the site. The prices of support for such far outweigh the issue and Ill find another way. One would think that back dooring the way in to a support package wouldn't exist for something this small after a large purchase but i guess that is the nature of the times.

Hi GoBlue171
Did you get an answer to this? I have the same problem and got the same response when I opened a ticket. If I can't get a simple answer to something so dumb stupid as sending an SMTP message I'll be spending my money elsewhere.
Thanks.

+Quote Post
Craig
post Jan 28 2012, 07:20 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (sansirio @ Jan 27 2012, 04:30 PM) *
Hi GoBlue171
Did you get an answer to this? I have the same problem and got the same response when I opened a ticket. If I can't get a simple answer to something so dumb stupid as sending an SMTP message I'll be spending my money elsewhere.
Thanks.

If you are using the php mail function and messages are not going through to an nsMail mailbox, a support reperesentative can run a test to replicate this issue if you call or open a ticket. If you are trying to send using something like smtp.domain.com, it won't work, because the hosting firewall won't allow the conection. The only thing that will work for an SMTP server is localhost, port 25, no authentication. If you are trying to send to a non-Network Solutions mailbox, we don't have any control over filtering.

Server functionality (PHP mail() function sending to our mailboxes) is covered by regular support. Troubleshooting a specific plugin or custom code is not.-

+Quote Post
Craig
post Jan 30 2012, 08:17 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Craig @ Jan 28 2012, 07:20 AM) *
If you are using the php mail function and messages are not going through to an nsMail mailbox, a support reperesentative can run a test to replicate this issue if you call or open a ticket. If you are trying to send using something like smtp.domain.com, it won't work, because the hosting firewall won't allow the conection. The only thing that will work for an SMTP server is localhost, port 25, no authentication. If you are trying to send to a non-Network Solutions mailbox, we don't have any control over filtering.

Server functionality (PHP mail() function sending to our mailboxes) is covered by regular support. Troubleshooting a specific plugin or custom code is not.-

I just did a test on both of your hosting packages. I was able to send mail using the php mail function and the php PEAR mail library without issue using a test script. Both of your packages have the ability to send mail via PHP.

+Quote Post
kiran
post Mar 3 2014, 12:19 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 22,513

QUOTE (Craig @ Jan 28 2012, 08:20 AM) *

I am using PhpMailer with same settings what you just mentioned. Even though my contact form on my network solutions hosted website is unable to send emails to my network solutions hosted email addresses. But if i test sending emails to other accounts like gmail etc. everything is working fine.

Please help!

+Quote Post
Craig
post Mar 4 2014, 10:49 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (kiran @ Mar 3 2014, 12:19 PM) *
I am using PhpMailer with same settings what you just mentioned. Even though my contact form on my network solutions hosted website is unable to send emails to my network solutions hosted email addresses. But if i test sending emails to other accounts like gmail etc. everything is working fine.

Please help!

Please submit a ticket with the details including the network solutions email address you are sending to as well as the approximate time the message was sent. It would be ideal if there was a form available we could use to test sending to the Network Solutions mail box so that we can check on the delivery of the message. ^cc

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 05:57 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates