nsForum logo

Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chrome Security Issues - Site Not Secured, Intermediate certificate has a weak signature. Upgrade to SHA2 as soo
rrichker
post Sep 7 2016, 07:42 AM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 1,424

We've been receiving calls from customers telling us that they won't place an order online because our site is not secured. We've had 3 calls like this in the last month. These are the customers WE KNOW ABOUT.

We have an Extended Validation Certificate and it's showing GREEN on my computers.

I ran a report using SSL LABS and it says: Intermediate certificate has a weak signature. Upgrade to SHA2 as soon as possible.

Anyone else having these issues?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
robinski21
post Sep 8 2016, 09:30 AM
Post #2

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 1,857

This is okay, and is actually a case where NetSol did the right thing.

Basically, the card industry is pushing a higher security standard, and is encouraging shopping cart providers to migrate to this new standard, which NetSol had done last year.

Problem was that about 20% of users are (or were, at the time, anyway) using browsers that didn't support this new standard.

After an outcry from customers (myself included), NetSol reversed the change, which was critical, as it allowed us access to those 20% of visitors.

The card industry even realized that this was unrealistic, and they pushed back the deadline to sometime next year.

Now, with that said, you will still have browsers "warning" that this isn't the newest standard...but this is the result of some programmers somewhere that are living in their little worlds, who don't rely on e-commerce to make their living, and who don't understand the fundamentals of retail to save their lives (can you tell I don't like IT people?).

Long story short -- ignore that, be happy NetSol did what they did, and know that they'll have to make that change, along with everyone else, when the card industry-mandated deadline draws nearer.

Hope that help,

Robin
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 22nd May 2017 - 10:06 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates