nsForum logo

Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Credit Card Processors, which one to choose???
sundialwire
post Jul 12 2012, 08:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 1,972

I wasn't sure where to post this question because we are not starting a business, but have been in business for over 20 years and have been taking credit cards for over ten years.

We recently have had problems with our credit card processor. It seems like they have gone from a very steady company for the last ten years to falling off a cliff in terms of service and reliability.

I am wondering which credit card processors people are using, who they would recommend, and who they would not recommend.

We have been using Authorize.net as our virtual terminal and BankCard Central as our processor. We have not had any issues with Authorize.net, although with all that is going on with BankCard Central I'm not sure they shouldn't have warned their customers. However, I'm not sure they knew or could have warned anyone.

I would love to hear people's feelings about who they are using.

Thanks in advance.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
keyman
post Jul 18 2012, 10:17 AM
Post #2

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 1,404

Hi Hilary,

I recently switched to elecpay , they are pretty good so far. I average 2.85% across all cards (incl amex, which is higher)

www.elecpayments.com

If you do a decent volume, try to get a processor that will give you 'interchange plus' rates. What that means is you pay a set % above the interchange (which we know can vary greatly, based on card type). It has saved us a ton of $

I get the money 2nd day.

good luck, they are all looking to be your 'partner'

mike
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 22nd September 2017 - 06:49 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates