Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Editing Cart
rubyt
post Mar 31 2013, 10:49 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 20,456

I am trying to set this store up so customers cannot change the number items they buy. That is Number of the same item. I have got the inventory set to 1 but if you go into the shopping cart, you can change the quantity. My items are one of a kind. How do I fix this
Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ecomIanS
post Apr 5 2013, 11:48 AM
Post #2

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 19,888

QUOTE (rubyt @ Mar 31 2013, 11:49 PM) *
I am trying to set this store up so customers cannot change the number items they buy. That is Number of the same item. I have got the inventory set to 1 but if you go into the shopping cart, you can change the quantity. My items are one of a kind. How do I fix this
Thanks

Thank you for taking the time to post your question. I'll provide you some information about this here below:

The best way to address this concern would be to setup a Maximum Order Quantity for your products. This effectively allows you to prohibit a customer from choosing or less than the quantities you specify. Note: this does not tie directly into inventory levels, but is rather designed for the exact situation you're experiencing.

To make these adjustments:

1.) go to your Edit Product screen for your product. (Inventory--> Products-->Click name of product to edit)
2.) Click on the Advanced Tab
3.) Under Advanced Product information, specify your minimum and/or maximum order quantities for that product, and then click save.

Reminder: This is a setting that can be handled on an individual product basis, or globally (for the whole store).

I hope I was able to answer your question. Please let me know if you require additional clarification.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 22nd September 2017 - 06:58 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates