Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Please Fix Sales Tax Issues, PLEASE FIX SALES TAX ISSUES
ParkerYamaha
post Feb 17 2014, 09:53 AM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 2,078

As the post states: PLEASE FIX SALES TAX ISSUES, Since last update, orders in state are getting past not charging sales tax!
We are in AZ, order and bill to was AZ and no tax was once again charged! Now another customer upset that we need to charge him later as "his order didn't show that".

So now another upset customer over tax issues, a possible state tax issue with a bait and switch sale and on and on!

N/S-Web when is this going to get fixed!!!

Dave
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
agkits
post Mar 6 2014, 09:59 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 193

Dave,

We are still seeing issues with Sales Tax. Incorrect amounts are being charged that we have too keep correcting after the fact. Are you experiencing this still? I want to make sure I am not the only one.

Thanks
Justyn

+Quote Post
ParkerYamaha
post Mar 6 2014, 10:05 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,078

Sent you a pm
Dave

QUOTE (agkits @ Mar 6 2014, 07:59 AM) *
Dave,

We are still seeing issues with Sales Tax. Incorrect amounts are being charged that we have too keep correcting after the fact. Are you experiencing this still? I want to make sure I am not the only one.

Thanks
Justyn

+Quote Post
Shopping1
post Mar 20 2014, 09:19 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 18,208

NS: Any updates on when you will be fixing the sales tax issues. We have been reporting I believe since the ? November update (whenever the zip code box got moved and cities are prefilled is when sales tax calculations started being off).

I opened a ticket at that time and it was "closed" without any resolution.

Sales tax on this address should be 8.875% This is calculating at almost 14% !!!!!!!!!!!!

Subtotal: $52.98
Shipping: $8.95
Handling: $0.00
Tax: $8.52
Order Total: $70.45

Tax on this order should've been $5.42 NOT $8.52. We can get in trouble for over charging sales tax !!!!

+Quote Post
ecomIanS
post Mar 24 2014, 10:15 PM
Post #5

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 19,888

QUOTE (Shopping1 @ Mar 20 2014, 10:19 AM) *
NS: Any updates on when you will be fixing the sales tax issues. We have been reporting I believe since the ? November update (whenever the zip code box got moved and cities are prefilled is when sales tax calculations started being off).

I opened a ticket at that time and it was "closed" without any resolution.

Sales tax on this address should be 8.875% This is calculating at almost 14% !!!!!!!!!!!!

Subtotal: $52.98
Shipping: $8.95
Handling: $0.00
Tax: $8.52
Order Total: $70.45

Tax on this order should've been $5.42 NOT $8.52. We can get in trouble for over charging sales tax !!!!

We are aware of a few situations where tax rates aren't being represented correctly due to certain county level exemptions and other such things. Can you provide me any information about the makeup of the tax rate that you've provided as the "accurate" one? If there is something else for the developers to look at, I want to be as thorough as possible.

Please let me know if you require any clarification regarding what i'm requesting. Every little bit helps!

+Quote Post
Shopping1
post Mar 25 2014, 12:34 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (ecomIanS @ Mar 24 2014, 10:15 PM) *
We are aware of a few situations where tax rates aren't being represented correctly due to certain county level exemptions and other such things. Can you provide me any information about the makeup of the tax rate that you've provided as the "accurate" one? If there is something else for the developers to look at, I want to be as thorough as possible.

Please let me know if you require any clarification regarding what i'm requesting. Every little bit helps!

This is based on a NYC address. Total sales tax rate is 8.875% for addresses we ship to in NYC. Explanation of sales tax rate for New York, NY : The City Sales Tax rate is 4.5%, NY State Sales and Use Tax is 4% and the Metropolitan Commuter Transportation District surcharge of 0.375% for a total Sales and Use Tax of 8.875 percent.

Is this the information you are requesting? We have had our store w/ NS since 2007 and sales tax rates have never been calculated wrong by the cart before. This is new since the update where zip code prefills city names....., Tax has been calculating as ZERO or up to 14%. Thanks.

+Quote Post
ecomIanS
post Mar 25 2014, 08:36 AM
Post #7

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 19,888

QUOTE (Shopping1 @ Mar 25 2014, 01:34 AM) *
This is based on a NYC address. Total sales tax rate is 8.875% for addresses we ship to in NYC. Explanation of sales tax rate for New York, NY : The City Sales Tax rate is 4.5%, NY State Sales and Use Tax is 4% and the Metropolitan Commuter Transportation District surcharge of 0.375% for a total Sales and Use Tax of 8.875 percent.

Is this the information you are requesting? We have had our store w/ NS since 2007 and sales tax rates have never been calculated wrong by the cart before. This is new since the update where zip code prefills city names....., Tax has been calculating as ZERO or up to 14%. Thanks.

Thanks for the information. I was able to figure out the source of your issue here and i'll be happy to share what can be done to fix the issue.

The shopping cart uses an additive process to determine the tax rates, starting with the State, then county, then city/municipality. I checked on your tax configuration and your store is using overrides on the default tax rates which are causing the rates to be higher than normal.

I used an address in Queens NYC for my test:

State Tax Rates

Your Specified Tax Rate: 8.875%
Cart Default: 4%

County Tax Rates
Your Specified Tax Rate: 4.875%
Cart Default: 4.875%

Based on your settings, the tax rate % for a Queens address would be 13.75%: State (8.875%) + County (4.875%) + City (0%)

Using the default settings in the tax table, the tax rate % for a Queens address would be 8.875%: State (4%) + County (4.875%) + City (0%)

Resolution: Remove the overrides for the State of New York and for Queens (the Queens override is the same as the default anyways).

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

+Quote Post
Shopping1
post Mar 25 2014, 09:07 AM
Post #8

Hi,
Thanks for the info but I have not touched my tax settings, since possibly the original set up in 2007. Am just wondering what changed since the update that would need me to go in and start clicking override on settings that have worked since 2007?

If there was some sort of major change on the NS side, shouldn't we have been notified we needed to go into our states and change things that have always calculated properly before? This also doesn't explain why some NY addresses calculate at zero sales tax.

I will try what you have suggested and do some testing.

Thanks for your help!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 18th November 2017 - 06:38 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates