nsForum logo

Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Imap Folder Configuration And Mapping, How do I map/access SENT and DRAFT folders from an IMAP client?
dtang
post Dec 29 2009, 08:15 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 6,801

I just converted from nsMail to nsMail Pro to get IMAP access to all folders (INBOX, SENT and DRAFT) from multiple clients (Windows PCs and a Smartphone.) I've looked through the options available in the Webmail interface and in the support and forum areas including these links:

http://www.emailuserguide.com/
http://www.emailuserguide.com/07-setup-imap.htm
http://www.emailuserguide.com/07-howto-set...il-software.htm

and cannot locate any detail on how to access or map folders to IMAP clients. I tried installing the Outlook plug-in but it cannot be used if an Exchange server is already in use - so that's not an option.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Corey
post Dec 30 2009, 07:08 PM
Post #2

Network Solutions Technical Support

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1,316

QUOTE (dtang @ Dec 29 2009, 08:23 PM) *
I just converted from nsMail to nsMail Pro to get IMAP access to all folders (INBOX, SENT and DRAFT) from multiple clients (Windows PCs and a Smartphone.) I've looked through the options available in the Webmail interface and in the support and forum areas including these links:

http://www.emailuserguide.com/
http://www.emailuserguide.com/07-setup-imap.htm
http://www.emailuserguide.com/07-howto-set...il-software.htm

and cannot locate any detail on how to access or map folders to IMAP clients. I tried installing the Outlook plug-in but it cannot be used if an Exchange server is already in use - so that's not an option.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

When your account is flagged as IMAP in Outlook it should automatically sync folders. The only difference is that Webmail and Outlook use two different folder names for “Sent” items. In Outook it’s called Sent Items, and in Webmail it’s called Sent. So the items that are sent via Outlook are not sync'd unless you set up a rule to copy them to the Sent folder under the Inbox. Here are instructions on how to do that:

Outlook 2003

Open Microsoft Outlook 2003.
Click the Tools tab in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
From the Tools menu select the option for Rules and Alerts.
From the window that pops up select the E-mail Rules tab.
Choose the option for New Rule.
On the next page select the radio tab that says Start from a blank rule.
In the window below you will then click Check messages after sending. Click the Next button at the bottom.
The box at the bottom of the screen should say Apply this rule after I sent the message, Click Next.
A pop-up box may appear that says: This rule will be applied for every sent message. Is that correct? You will push Yes.
In the section labeled Step 1 check the box that says move a copy to the specified folder
In the section below labeled Step 2, click the hyperlink that says specified.
You will then locate the IMAP account that you set up and choose the Sent folder.
Click OK
On the next screen click Next.
The next page that appears will be the Rules Wizard page. Click the Next button again.
On the next page you will have to follow the following three steps;
a. Step 1 will have you name the rule. (e.g., Sent folder, Sent items, SMTP, etc.)
b. In Step 2 you will check the box that says Turn on this rule.
c. Step 3 will then have your rule in it. Click Finish
You may get a pop-up, if you do choose OK.
On the next screen click the OK button again.
Once you complete these steps any E-mail that you send will be copied to the IMAP sent folder.

Outlook 2007

Open Microsoft Outlook 2007.
Click the Tools tab in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
From the drop down options click the option that says Account Settings.
This will bring you to the accounts you have on Outlook. Double click the IMAP account you are working with.
From this screen you will need to click on the button that says More Settings.
A box will appear that says Internet Email Settings. From that box click the Folders tab.
Once on the Folders tab you will chose the second radio button, which says, Choose an existing folder or create a new folder to save your sent items in this account for.
By clicking the plus(+) sign(s) you will be able to expand your folders until you can see the Sent folder.
Click the Sent folder.
Click Ok. Followed by Next.
Finally, click the Finish button.
Once you complete these steps any E-mail that you send will now be copied to the IMAP sent folder.

+Quote Post
dtang
post Jan 4 2010, 05:16 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 6,801

Thanks! That did the trick.

As a note to others that might be having similar issues, I had to:

1. Setup the IMAP account in Outlook 2007
2. Run an initial sync (send/receive) operation
3. Right-click on the Outlook mail folder that you just set up
4. Select "IMAP Folders"
5. Enter the name of the folder, e.g. Sent (case sensitive)
6. Click "Query"
7. Single click on the the folder in the search results box to highlight it
8. Click "Subscribe" then "OK"

This may or may not be required. The first setup on OL 2007 wouldn't show the folders in the above Account Settings, Folders screen until I did this, but the second machine worked as described above.

It's working great with Outlook 2007 but there seems to be a bug in the Droid (Android 2.0) IMAP client that prevents you from mapping/syncing the Sent folder (it uses it's own Sent folder instead of INBOX.Sent for items sent from the Droid.) The bug was previously filed with Google.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Dave

+Quote Post
ANeal
post Mar 10 2010, 09:28 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 8,449

Hi Dave,

Are you saying that you are able to access your network solutions email account via the email client on the Droid? I have not had any luck in getting it to connect. Currently, my networks solutions account is a POP personal email account. Do I need to upgrade to the IMAP?

I really love the Droid but it's kind of a deal breaker for me if I can't access my network solutions work/business email via the email client.

Thanks in advance to anyone who had some advice.

ANeal

+Quote Post
SimpleSolutions
post Apr 12 2012, 01:55 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 17,210

QUOTE (ANeal @ Mar 10 2010, 10:28 PM) *
Hi Dave,

Are you saying that you are able to access your network solutions email account via the email client on the Droid? I have not had any luck in getting it to connect. Currently, my networks solutions account is a POP personal email account. Do I need to upgrade to the IMAP?

I really love the Droid but it's kind of a deal breaker for me if I can't access my network solutions work/business email via the email client.

Thanks in advance to anyone who had some advice.

ANeal

ANeal: We currently have Samsung Epic phones and can use the Droid email app to access our NS email (we don't have pro). You set it up just like any other POP account using the parameters specified by Network Solutions. Perhaps your cellular provider's store can help you configure it. Good luck!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 08:06 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates