Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Imap Not Syncing, deleted messages stay in Inbox - other issues
spottcheck
post May 17 2012, 02:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 17,513

I upgraded to Large-Unix email service yesterday to get IMAP going for Outlook 2010.
In Outlook 2010, every time I try to delete a message from the Inbox of my NS acct, Outlook crashes. This does not occur with my other IMAP acct. in Outlook (att/yahoo)

So I decided to test my NS IMAP acct. in Thunderbird. It took nearly two hours to sync my Inbox (250 MB) in Thunderbird on a fast Comcast connection.
If I delete a message in Thunderbird, TB moves it to the Trash folder just fine. The Trash folder on NS webmail also shows the deleted message.
BUT the same message remains in the Inbox on NS Webmail!

No subfolders created in NS webmail show up in my Thunderbird either, unless I choose subscribe in TB, a step I don't have to do for other IMAP accounts.

Is the Large-Unix account really IMAP? I want to set it up on my iPhone also, which should be easy if it's IMAP.

Thanks - Susan
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Laurie004
post May 17 2012, 03:04 PM
Post #2

Group: NetSol Staff
Member No.: 6,344

I am sorry to hear that you were experiencing issues with IMAP. The issues you are describing are not normal for Network Solutions servers. I recommend contacting our 24/7 support to troubleshoot the issue. Some folders need to be subscribed to, sometimes this happens and sometimes it does not. I recommend checking to make sure the purge settings for IMAP is setup the way you want it.

+Quote Post
spottcheck
post May 17 2012, 04:06 PM
Post #3

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 17,513

OK - in Thunderbired I changed two settings:

Account Settings/Server Settings/Advanced - unchecked "Show only Subscribed folders"
so sub-folders show up now without subscribing

In Tools/Options/Config Editor - searched for Expunge in the search bar and set

mail.imap.expunge_after_delete to TRUE

Thunderbird and NS webmail are syncing ok now - thanks for the tip!

Now I have to troubleshoot Outlook - get back to you later on that . .

Susan

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 07:34 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates