nsForum logo

Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Imap Or Pop3?, I want to use IMAP but...
EEarhart
post Mar 11 2010, 11:15 AM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 8,457

Help! Is Nework Solutions trying to get us to move towards POP3, or am I imagining it? (IMG:http://forums.networksolutions.com/style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif) I have Outlook 2003, and it requires an IMAP server for incoming and outgoing. I can no longer find the original page where NetSol gave the details about how to set that up. I did try to set it up using the same settings as POP, but of course that failed. Please let me know what the incomeing and outgoing server name is for IMAP - which I need to use, and the correct ports.

Or, if you know how to EASILY change an email that is already set up in Outlook 2003 from POP3 to IMAP (not an option that I can see), please give me some advice? This would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Laurie004
post Mar 11 2010, 12:21 PM
Post #2

Group: Validating
Member No.: 6,344

QUOTE (EEarhart @ Mar 11 2010, 11:15 AM) *
Help! Is Nework Solutions trying to get us to move towards POP3, or am I imagining it? (IMG:http://forums.networksolutions.com/style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif) I have Outlook 2003, and it requires an IMAP server for incoming and outgoing. I can no longer find the original page where NetSol gave the details about how to set that up. I did try to set it up using the same settings as POP, but of course that failed. Please let me know what the incomeing and outgoing server name is for IMAP - which I need to use, and the correct ports.

Or, if you know how to EASILY change an email that is already set up in Outlook 2003 from POP3 to IMAP (not an option that I can see), please give me some advice? This would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

I am sorry to hear that you were experiencing issues with the setting up IMAP. You will have to remove the POP3 setup and create a new account as IMAP, Outlook will not allow you to change. Most of the settings are the same except POP3 has more steps.

Incoming server: mail.domain.ext
Outgoing server: mail.domain.ext
Incoming port will be the default which is 143
Outgoing ports can be 25, 2525 or 587 - which ever works on your ISP
Username: name@domain.ext
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 03:57 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates