nsForum logo

Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is Tls Or Ssl Secure Pop / Imap Mail Retrival Possible ?, nsMail does not appear to support secure email retrieval.
email2tom
post Jan 18 2015, 04:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 23,670

I have been trying to receive my nsMail email using Evolution under Linux. I have tried numerous IMAP/POP/ settings with SSL/TLS
authentication without success. I have seen several message board threads that nsMail only supports an unencrypted connection (see
http://security.stackexchange.com/question...lutions-domains ).

How can this be possible in the post-Sony hacking world ?

Unencrypted email connections with the password exchanged in the clear went out in the '90s. Tell me it 'aint so !

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Laurie004
post Jan 19 2015, 08:48 AM
Post #2

Group: NetSol Staff
Member No.: 6,344

QUOTE (email2tom @ Jan 18 2015, 05:16 PM) *
I have been trying to receive my nsMail email using Evolution under Linux. I have tried numerous IMAP/POP/ settings with SSL/TLS
authentication without success. I have seen several message board threads that nsMail only supports an unencrypted connection (see
http://security.stackexchange.com/question...lutions-domains ).

How can this be possible in the post-Sony hacking world ?

Unencrypted email connections with the password exchanged in the clear went out in the '90s. Tell me it 'aint so !

You can use SSL/TLS with IMAP and SMTP

You will receive a certificate mismatch error because the SSL is for the server domain and not for customers individual domains but you can ignore this error.

IMAP - SSL - 993

SMTP - TLS - 587
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 20th September 2017 - 07:45 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates