Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Outlook Appears To Send But Mails Just Disappear
sberfield
post May 7 2014, 09:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 22,824

Using Outlook 2010 to access mail via Pop. Incoming works fine and outgoing used to work. But lately, when mail is sent, it appears to send and disappears form the outbox and no errors are returned, but the mail is never delivered. I have tried sending to various addresses and it is as if the mail never existed. I have checked all server settings and can find nothing. Sending from Webmail works fine.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sryallz
post May 29 2014, 07:03 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 22,829

QUOTE (sberfield @ May 7 2014, 10:40 PM) *
Using Outlook 2010 to access mail via Pop. Incoming works fine and outgoing used to work. But lately, when mail is sent, it appears to send and disappears form the outbox and no errors are returned, but the mail is never delivered. I have tried sending to various addresses and it is as if the mail never existed. I have checked all server settings and can find nothing. Sending from Webmail works fine.

Hi, I have no answer but if it helps I am having just the same thing. I guess others are too but as mails appear to go
and you don't get any error messages, you may be un aware so I should check - people may not be ignoring you (well ok
maybe they are)

My families mailboxes use various outlook versions and iphones etc and all display the same fault. But as you say Webmail works fine

Ringing the help desk hasn't got anywhere, or sending faults tickets, apart from getting standard script responses about
smtp port numbers and how to change my password.

Regards
Stuart

+Quote Post
sryallz
post Jun 9 2014, 10:38 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 22,829

Well it seems I do have an answer... in short form over the many hours I have spent.
"the system" decided that one of the email accounts was compromised so it suspended all smtp outgoing traffic, even though webmail continues to work.
ALL email passwords have to be changed in the domain and are checked to abide by the detailed security requirements
When this is complete, the email support team can remove the suspension.

I am up for security but silently stopping all outgoing emails is not good for business.

I still doubt we are alone with this problem.

+Quote Post
Jbarry
post Jul 9 2014, 09:40 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 23,047

No, you are not alone with this issue. Networksolutions has issues with imap, pop, web mail. Anything that has to do with email is an issue. We have 30+ email accounts , and they all have had constant problems, for the last 4+ years.. it never ends.

Only call support to reset your email, or to check to see if an email add is blacklisted (or blocked)

Don't go changing your password cause support says "its not strong enough" that won't fix it either..

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 23rd November 2017 - 01:15 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates