Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Oxtender 2 Plugin Problems
lasermach
post Oct 30 2013, 12:52 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 19,320

I've been using Oxtender 1 with my NS Mail Pro and Outlook 2007 since January, and while klunky, it worked like it was supposed to. I recently upgraded to OXtender 2, and while it looks cleaner, I'm having several issues. Let's just deal with a few for now.

1) In the OXtender Toolbar at the top of the Outlook window, the options for Edit Mail Filters, Edit Vacation Notice, and Change Password are greyed out. Only Edit Personal Information and Change Settings are active. According to Oxpedia, they say that it's a symptom of the "intrusion detection system" blocking HTTP and/or HTTPS access. What exactly does that mean, and is there a fix/workaround?

2) My contacts are not syncing with what's on the server. Back on OXtender 1 I was able to bring in all my contacts to the web server, but none of the items in the main Contacts list are syncing. I've been able to create a new contacts subfolder and have been moving files into that, but they are *extremely* slow to show up in Outlook.

UPDATE on #2: Contacts are syncing now. Seems I had a few corrupted entries (containing an un-deleteable RTF attachment) that was preventing anything from syncing, and once I deleted those, all contacts showed up in Outlook as it's supposed to. Odd.

Thanks in advance if anybody can help!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Laurie004
post Oct 30 2013, 02:40 PM
Post #2

Group: NetSol Staff
Member No.: 6,344

QUOTE (lasermach @ Oct 30 2013, 01:52 PM) *
I've been using Oxtender 1 with my NS Mail Pro and Outlook 2007 since January, and while klunky, it worked like it was supposed to. I recently upgraded to OXtender 2, and while it looks cleaner, I'm having several issues. Let's just deal with a few for now.

1) In the OXtender Toolbar at the top of the Outlook window, the options for Edit Mail Filters, Edit Vacation Notice, and Change Password are greyed out. Only Edit Personal Information and Change Settings are active. According to Oxpedia, they say that it's a symptom of the "intrusion detection system" blocking HTTP and/or HTTPS access. What exactly does that mean, and is there a fix/workaround?

2) My contacts are not syncing with what's on the server. Back on OXtender 1 I was able to bring in all my contacts to the web server, but none of the items in the main Contacts list are syncing. I've been able to create a new contacts subfolder and have been moving files into that, but they are *extremely* slow to show up in Outlook.

Thanks in advance if anybody can help!

"intrusion detection system" would be your local firewall. But those options would not be enabled on our servers, so that is why they are greyed out.
It sounds like the address book got corrupted. I recommend exporting to PST file and cleaning the address book and then import the contact in again.

+Quote Post
lasermach
post Nov 14 2013, 04:23 PM
Post #3

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 19,320

Thanks for the response! Maybe you can answer another question about the plugin?

Every so often, mail in my Outlook subfolders gets duplicated two or more times. One copy will be marked "This message has been replied to or forwarded." Sometimes if I wait long enough it will correct itself (I can actually watch the folder empty itself, then repopulate.) When the duplication happens, it seems to happen to every subfolder, some with two copies, others with three. What could be causing this, and how do I correct it?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 11:29 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates