nsForum logo

Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pop3 And Mail (mac), What do I have to do to get it to work???
Rating 4 V
bdnd
post Oct 13 2009, 05:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 5,663

After filling out 2 help requests with NO REPLY, I'll have to resort to this forum.

I'm currently using Mail (v. 2.1.3 (753.1)) on my Macbook Pro with OSX v.10.4.11
I fill in all the fields to set up a new account correctly, following the manuals to a tee.
However, when I try to check the connection with the POP server, I get the following message:

Trying to log into the POP server “mail.example.net” (I've replaced my own address with example in the quote here, not in the program) has failed. Please make sure the username and password are correct. If you continue, you may not be able to receive any email.

I am able to log in to webmail using the same username and password. Do I have to do something different to what the manuals recommend (because what the manuals are recommending isn't working)?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
angry
post Oct 18 2009, 10:35 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 5,763

QUOTE (bdnd @ Oct 13 2009, 06:24 PM) *
After filling out 2 help requests with NO REPLY, I'll have to resort to this forum.

I'm currently using Mail (v. 2.1.3 (753.1)) on my Macbook Pro with OSX v.10.4.11
I fill in all the fields to set up a new account correctly, following the manuals to a tee.
However, when I try to check the connection with the POP server, I get the following message:

Trying to log into the POP server “mail.example.net” (I've replaced my own address with example in the quote here, not in the program) has failed. Please make sure the username and password are correct. If you continue, you may not be able to receive any email.

I am able to log in to webmail using the same username and password. Do I have to do something different to what the manuals recommend (because what the manuals are recommending isn't working)?

I hope you get help. I managed to setup my mail on my apple mail client and it works. I cannot, however, manage to get my i-Phone to connect networks solutions mail and cannot get it to work.

+Quote Post
MacOSX
post Nov 5 2009, 09:29 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 6,130

QUOTE (bdnd @ Oct 13 2009, 06:24 PM) *

I can not get mail to work either. I have the same exact problem. Does anyone have a solution yet?

Thanks

+Quote Post
M3pheston
post Nov 5 2009, 10:29 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,062

I'm not sure about the Mac Mail Client, but I can tell you how to set it up on an iPhone.

The iPhone setup is as follows.

Settings>Mail>Add Account>Add New Account
Account Type: Other
Fill out Name, e-mail addy, password, and description.
Hit Save

On the Next Screen hit POP

Incoming Mail Server:
Host Name: mail.domainname.com
User Name: mailbox.domainname.com (Your Actual nsMail Address)
Password: Your mailbox password

Outgoing Mail Server:
Host Name: smtp.domainname.com
User Name: mailbox.domainname.com (Your Actual nsMail Address)
Password: Your mailbox password

Hit Save and the iPhone will verify your POP account information. It will Fail.
You will receive an error asking if you want to set up the account without SSL, hit YES.
It will verify the POP account information again. It will Fail.
You will receive an error asking if you want to set up the account without SSL, hit YES again.
This time it will let you back into the Account Settings.
Hit Save, you will receive a warning, hit Save on the warning.

That's it, you're done!

+Quote Post
azmilt
post Dec 29 2009, 06:17 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 6,797

[quote name='M3pheston' date='Nov 5 2009, 11:37 AM' post='25561']
I'm not sure about the Mac Mail Client, but I can tell you how to set it up on an iPhone.

Along these same lines, I can receive mail using Mac Mail 2.1.3 on 10.4.11 just fine.

I can't send mail though - per the POP instructions I set it to:

Outgoing Mail Server: mail.domain.com

Server Port: 2525

Authentication: MDS Challenge-Response (this is the default)

User Name: blah@domain.com

Password: Mailbox Password

Mail leaves fine, but then bounces, saying (reason: 550-Verification failed for <blah@domain.com>) Sender verify failed.

Any ideas?

+Quote Post
ImpactArt
post Feb 19 2010, 01:23 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 8,000

I get the same message but, if I continue, once I enter the smtp settings mail just quits. I've done it about 5 times now. C'mon network solutions, give us some answers.

+Quote Post
matty
post Apr 12 2010, 06:12 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 8,977

QUOTE (bdnd @ Oct 13 2009, 06:16 PM) *

Hi.

Wow that was quite a process even finding out how to get to this forum to even respond to this . . sheesh . . .

Anyway, I just set up my Apple Mail and was getting this same message which basically made it seem like my password was incorrect. I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on since I was able to go to mail.mysite.com and login to email just fine there.

After many failed attempts trying to get Apple Mail to recognize my username/password, I tried entering in "myname@mysite.com" as the user name instead of just "myname" and FINALLY Apple Mail recognized the username/password and now I am all setup with my POP account for Apple Mail.

So basically use "YOURNAME@YOURSITE.COM" instead of the obvious "YOURNAME" in the username field.

Hope that helps!

- Matt

+Quote Post
Samson
post Jun 7 2010, 02:52 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 9,890

QUOTE (matty @ Apr 12 2010, 07:12 PM) *
Hi.

Wow that was quite a process even finding out how to get to this forum to even respond to this . . sheesh . . .

Anyway, I just set up my Apple Mail and was getting this same message which basically made it seem like my password was incorrect. I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on since I was able to go to mail.mysite.com and login to email just fine there.

After many failed attempts trying to get Apple Mail to recognize my username/password, I tried entering in "myname@mysite.com" as the user name instead of just "myname" and FINALLY Apple Mail recognized the username/password and now I am all setup with my POP account for Apple Mail.

So basically use "YOURNAME@YOURSITE.COM" instead of the obvious "YOURNAME" in the username field.

Hope that helps!

- Matt

Hey Matt, thanks for the solution to this problem. After a frustrating week with no response from netsol, I came into the forum to see if anyone else knew what was going on, and there you were. Your solution worked!

Samson Harger

+Quote Post
Laurie004
post Jun 14 2010, 08:13 AM
Post #9

Group: NetSol Staff
Member No.: 6,344

http://www.networksolutions.com/support/ma...l-client-setup/

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 27th November 2014 - 03:56 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates