Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pop3 Client Can't Be Set To Delete Email From Server
spanman
post Mar 8 2014, 08:21 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 11,253

I've set up a pop mailbox for the exclusive use of one client, an iPad running iOS7's native mail app. No other devices access this mailbox. My problem: I can't set the iOS mail app to delete mail from the server, despite selecting...

"Delete from server -- when removed from inbox" on the iPad mail setup. For reasons unknown, the accessing the server changes this setting to...

"Delete from server -- never"

I'm wondering whether this is an Apple iOS bug, or the result of some setting on the NS POP server.
Thanks,
D
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Laurie004
post Mar 10 2014, 08:09 AM
Post #2

Group: NetSol Staff
Member No.: 6,344

QUOTE (spanman @ Mar 8 2014, 09:21 PM) *
I've set up a pop mailbox for the exclusive use of one client, an iPad running iOS7's native mail app. No other devices access this mailbox. My problem: I can't set the iOS mail app to delete mail from the server, despite selecting...

"Delete from server -- when removed from inbox" on the iPad mail setup. For reasons unknown, the accessing the server changes this setting to...

"Delete from server -- never"

I'm wondering whether this is an Apple iOS bug, or the result of some setting on the NS POP server.
Thanks,
D

I have never seen a mobile device that has the ability to remove from server after popping. The settings above are in reference to manual deletes and the trash folder behaviour. If setup as IMAP anything you delete from the iPad would also delete from the server. (Not all mailboxes have IMAP available)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 23rd November 2017 - 01:15 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates