Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pop3 Emails Stopped Loading On S3
claw
post Aug 9 2012, 07:12 AM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 18,191

My email was working great for a month on my s3. I have the basic ns email. As of 2 days ago, it has stopped loading messages. It is very strange since nothing has changed and it just stopped working.

Another strange thing is thatmy phone will show me that I have unread email messages in the inbox on the homepage, but will not download or disply the messages.

I have three different types of email on this phone and this account is the only one not working. Anyone else having this problem?

Did NS email change something?

Another strange thing is that if I delete the email account and then set it up again, it will download the current messages, but won't update after that, even though the number of messages it shows keeps updating.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Laurie004
post Aug 9 2012, 10:49 AM
Post #2

Group: NetSol Staff
Member No.: 6,344

QUOTE (claw @ Aug 9 2012, 08:12 AM) *
My email was working great for a month on my s3. I have the basic ns email. As of 2 days ago, it has stopped loading messages. It is very strange since nothing has changed and it just stopped working.

Another strange thing is thatmy phone will show me that I have unread email messages in the inbox on the homepage, but will not download or disply the messages.

I have three different types of email on this phone and this account is the only one not working. Anyone else having this problem?

Did NS email change something?

Another strange thing is that if I delete the email account and then set it up again, it will download the current messages, but won't update after that, even though the number of messages it shows keeps updating.

I am sorry to hear that you were experiencing issues with email. There was an issue on the servers that caused some mailboxes indexes to corrupt. We are currently scanning all mailboxes for corrupt indexes. This process could take another 24 hours to complete all. If you send me your mailbox names, I can manually re-index them.

+Quote Post
LClark
post Aug 22 2012, 12:44 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 18,311

Having a similar situation... mailbox that has been working fine for several years, has now stopped transferring mail to local computers. Nothing on this end has changed. I can see that mail is on the server if I log in via Safari, but when using the Mail app on my Mac, it says it's downloading 60 messsages but nothing comes thru....
ARRRRGH!

Is there something I'm missing on this end?
Thanks!

+Quote Post
Laurie004
post Aug 22 2012, 01:10 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (LClark @ Aug 22 2012, 01:44 PM) *
Having a similar situation... mailbox that has been working fine for several years, has now stopped transferring mail to local computers. Nothing on this end has changed. I can see that mail is on the server if I log in via Safari, but when using the Mail app on my Mac, it says it's downloading 60 messsages but nothing comes thru....
ARRRRGH!

Is there something I'm missing on this end?
Thanks!

This is caused by a corrupt email header. I recommend clicking on the oldest emails in webmail to open them or to call customer support to re-index all the emails.

+Quote Post
ParkerYamaha
post Aug 29 2012, 04:33 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 2,078

We are having a opposite issue on one of our domains.

Issue 1) Email appears to send but never arrives, one is using Windows 7 with the pc based live ( prior named outlook express) receives email fine, used N/S web based for that acct and works, so some setting appears to have been changed? since last week somewhere.

Issue 2) Another users uses gmail (send as user@ourdomain.com ) feature and also appears when email is sent via gmail-N/S they do not arrive either? Worked fine for a year, last week wont??? Send test email via N/S web mail worked fine.
N/S re-indexed that domain email Monday and did not solve issue

Any ideas???
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Note domain where I am at does similar system email configs as listed above and all works fine!!!

So not sure where to look??

Thanks
Dave

+Quote Post
Laurie004
post Aug 30 2012, 07:58 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (ParkerYamaha @ Aug 29 2012, 05:33 PM) *
We are having a opposite issue on one of our domains.

Issue 1) Email appears to send but never arrives, one is using Windows 7 with the pc based live ( prior named outlook express) receives email fine, used N/S web based for that acct and works, so some setting appears to have been changed? since last week somewhere.

Issue 2) Another users uses gmail (send as user@ourdomain.com ) feature and also appears when email is sent via gmail-N/S they do not arrive either? Worked fine for a year, last week wont??? Send test email via N/S web mail worked fine.
N/S re-indexed that domain email Monday and did not solve issue

Any ideas???
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Note domain where I am at does similar system email configs as listed above and all works fine!!!

So not sure where to look??

Thanks
Dave

I am sorry to hear that you were experiencing issues with email. The issue could be that the emails are filtered outbound due to a signature that has been flagged as spam. I recommend logging into your account manager and opening a support request, so we could look at the specifics. We can check the outbound server logs to see if everything is routing correctly.

+Quote Post
ParkerYamaha
post Aug 30 2012, 09:34 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE (Laurie004 @ Aug 30 2012, 05:58 AM) *
I am sorry to hear that you were experiencing issues with email. The issue could be that the emails are filtered outbound due to a signature that has been flagged as spam. I recommend logging into your account manager and opening a support request, so we could look at the specifics. We can check the outbound server logs to see if everything is routing correctly.

Just submitted ticket

+Quote Post
jrmbalcones
post Sep 5 2012, 04:13 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 18,428

Same situation here. My emails stopped loading to my POP client after working for several weeks (I've only just switched to NSMail). I can see the email online by logging into NSMail, but the pipe seems to be plugged. First my Mac OS X (Mountain Lion) Mail client stopped, then I enabled forwarding in a gmail account and it got email for a day or so and then stopped there as well. The error in gmail is:

Error: Server is temporarily unavailable.
Server returned error "Error in RETR command: unable to open that message"

I went into NSMail to see if there was a problem message and seem to have found two. When I click on either one and select Delete it fails with the message:

1. 09-05-2012 08:51 PM GMT
An internal error has occured, please try again later (NETSOL-2009, 93826737-8791735)
2. 09-05-2012 08:52 PM GMT
An internal error has occured, please try again later (NETSOL-2009, 93826737-8796188)
3. 09-05-2012 09:25 PM GMT
An I/O error occurred: undefined (NETSOL-0008, 93826737-8896562)

Rats!

+Quote Post
Laurie004
post Sep 5 2012, 04:27 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (jrmbalcones @ Sep 5 2012, 05:13 PM) *
Same situation here. My emails stopped loading to my POP client after working for several weeks (I've only just switched to NSMail). I can see the email online by logging into NSMail, but the pipe seems to be plugged. First my Mac OS X (Mountain Lion) Mail client stopped, then I enabled forwarding in a gmail account and it got email for a day or so and then stopped there as well. The error in gmail is:

Error: Server is temporarily unavailable.
Server returned error "Error in RETR command: unable to open that message"

I went into NSMail to see if there was a problem message and seem to have found two. When I click on either one and select Delete it fails with the message:

1. 09-05-2012 08:51 PM GMT
An internal error has occured, please try again later (NETSOL-2009, 93826737-8791735)
2. 09-05-2012 08:52 PM GMT
An internal error has occured, please try again later (NETSOL-2009, 93826737-8796188)
3. 09-05-2012 09:25 PM GMT
An I/O error occurred: undefined (NETSOL-0008, 93826737-8896562)

Rats!

I am sorry to hear that you were experiencing issues with corrupt email. Please call support or open a service request through the account manager so that we can reindex the emails to remove the corrupt messages.

+Quote Post
jrmbalcones
post Sep 5 2012, 09:24 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 18,428

QUOTE (Laurie004 @ Sep 5 2012, 04:27 PM) *
I am sorry to hear that you were experiencing issues with corrupt email. Please call support or open a service request through the account manager so that we can reindex the emails to remove the corrupt messages.

I did open a support request with the information above and a little more besides. Do I need to suggest to them that they reindex the emails or is the error description sufficient?

+Quote Post
Laurie004
post Sep 6 2012, 08:04 AM
Post #11

QUOTE (jrmbalcones @ Sep 5 2012, 10:24 PM) *
I did open a support request with the information above and a little more besides. Do I need to suggest to them that they reindex the emails or is the error description sufficient?

The description should be sufficient. If you give me the service request number I can look into it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 22nd September 2017 - 06:32 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates