Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Retrieving Email, Error -16999
kbros
post Mar 29 2012, 02:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 17,040

I use Entourage 2004 for Mac, version 11.4.0. I have four different Network Solutions email addresses that I access via Entourage. As a small business owner, I leave the emails on the server so that I can also download them to my home computer which uses the same email client. Recently, one of the four addresses stopped letting me download emails. One minute it worked, an hour later it did not. I received the following message. ERROR: Not that many messages. EXPLANATION: Could not retrieve mail. ERROR: -16999. At work the next day, while downloading new emails, it stopped at the same point as it did the night before at home. I get the same error message on both work and home computers. The other three emails accounts download fine. I am able to retrieve emails on my iPhone and can also access it via webmail.

Any suggestions about a solution?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Laurie004
post Mar 29 2012, 03:53 PM
Post #2

Group: NetSol Staff
Member No.: 6,344

QUOTE (kbros @ Mar 29 2012, 03:16 PM) *
I use Entourage 2004 for Mac, version 11.4.0. I have four different Network Solutions email addresses that I access via Entourage. As a small business owner, I leave the emails on the server so that I can also download them to my home computer which uses the same email client. Recently, one of the four addresses stopped letting me download emails. One minute it worked, an hour later it did not. I received the following message. ERROR: Not that many messages. EXPLANATION: Could not retrieve mail. ERROR: -16999. At work the next day, while downloading new emails, it stopped at the same point as it did the night before at home. I get the same error message on both work and home computers. The other three emails accounts download fine. I am able to retrieve emails on my iPhone and can also access it via webmail.

Any suggestions about a solution?

I am sorry to hear that you were experiencing issues with email. It sounds like you have a corrupt email header. Opening webmail and moving the messages to another folder in webmail and then back to the inbox should resolve. This can happen if the mail client disconnects in the middle of downloading a message.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 23rd November 2017 - 01:15 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates