Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Still Synching Unsubscribed Folders
Builder30
post Jun 4 2014, 04:01 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 22,931

Hi all,

I got a weird one here that has me stumped. I'll try to be concise, but it's a bit involved...

The owner of our company is using Outlook 2010. We have him set up to use IMAP through Network Solutions.

About 3 days ago he started getting intermittent pop-ups saying he had surpassed his email storage quota. That didn't make any sense given the size of his PST file.

Spent over an hour on the phone with a tier 1 script reader and got nowhere. Was escalated to a "supervisor" who was also less than helpful. Here's what I've figured out on my own by having his Outlook open and also having the Network Solutions webmail interface for his account open at the same time:

If I create a new folder under his inbox called "Old Sent" for him to migrate all of his old sent email to (which was taking up a lot of space), by default, it will be set as "subscribed" upon creation. So I create the folder, go in and unsubscribe it while it is still empty, and confirm that it no longer shows up in the subscribed folder lists. Then I'll move a bunch of emails from his Sent Items folder, which is subscribed, to the new "Old Sent " folder.

What I notice on the webmail interface is that even though I unsubscribed the Old Sent folder, it still shows up in the folder list on the webmail interface. Further, once I move any emails into that folder within Outlook, they show up inside that folder on the webmail interface too. Thus, they are still counting against his space usage quota.

I've tried everything I can think of. There is no option to unsubscribe folders through Network Solution's webmail interface. I've run scanpst, which said it found errors and corrected them, but this problem persists. I have successfully been able to unsubscribe other folders. I even tried unsubscribing all folders, and re-establishing. No dice.

I'm stumped. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 23rd November 2017 - 01:14 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates