Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Trouble With Outgoing Server
bvainc
post Oct 22 2009, 03:00 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 5,858

Using Outlook 2002, Ive found that most of the time I get a message that it cannot connect to the NS outgoing server. I've been using this machine/client/domain and email host for several years with no troubles. I reviewed the account settings to confirm they match with what is specified on the NS site and all is correct. I tried changing the outgoing server to that provided by my isp, and the result is the same. I'm using Windows XP, Kaspersky AV and Windows firewall. I don't recall changing any settings. Any thoughts?

Lee
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
techno.pagan
post Oct 22 2009, 03:28 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,438

QUOTE (bvainc @ Oct 22 2009, 04:08 PM) *
Using Outlook 2002, Ive found that most of the time I get a message that it cannot connect to the NS outgoing server. I've been using this machine/client/domain and email host for several years with no troubles. I reviewed the account settings to confirm they match with what is specified on the NS site and all is correct. I tried changing the outgoing server to that provided by my isp, and the result is the same. I'm using Windows XP, Kaspersky AV and Windows firewall. I don't recall changing any settings. Any thoughts?

Lee

Since you said you get the same result with your ISP server then chances are it is your antivirus program - they are known to cause issues with email (in an attempt to block bots from spamming).

Your best bet is to contact Kaspersky and tell them the issue.

+Quote Post
bvainc
post Oct 22 2009, 04:00 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 5,858

QUOTE (techno.pagan @ Oct 22 2009, 03:36 PM) *
Since you said you get the same result with your ISP server then chances are it is your antivirus program - they are known to cause issues with email (in an attempt to block bots from spamming).

Your best bet is to contact Kaspersky and tell them the issue.

Thanks for the suggestion. Rechecked the settings to work with my ISP and corrected a mistake I made. I'm able to send using this set up and will do so for now. The NS outgoing still not connecting.

Lee

+Quote Post
techno.pagan
post Oct 22 2009, 07:51 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 1,438

QUOTE (bvainc @ Oct 22 2009, 05:08 PM) *
Thanks for the suggestion. Rechecked the settings to work with my ISP and corrected a mistake I made. I'm able to send using this set up and will do so for now. The NS outgoing still not connecting.

Lee

It could also be that your ISP is blocking it (Verizon by chance?) - many REQUIRE the use of their SMTP server to control spam (they don't want you relaying through another server with their IP address.

What port are you using? 25 or 2525?

+Quote Post
pateacher
post Feb 23 2010, 06:07 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 8,085

We are having the same problem at work . We have been using Outlook for years with NSmail. All of a sudden we can not send emails. I have checked and rechecked the settings. All are correct. Our ports are 110 and 25. We can recieve emails.

We are using Symantec and Sonic firewall. I have contacted them numerous times to see what has changed. They say that it is not with their software.

I set up the same Outlook account at home that I have at work. It works fine. I can send and receive with the same settings I have a work.

At work, when I test the account settings it says that it sees the outgoing server but can not connect. It tells me to check the SSL or the ports.

I am baffled and frustrated. My boss needs to send emails and is equally as frustrated. I imported her contacts into nsMail, but she needs to send out over 100 emails at a time so Outlook is the only way to go for the price. FREE.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am spending all of my time on this problem and not getting other important progects completed.

THanks

+Quote Post
Susan013
post Mar 3 2010, 11:39 AM
Post #6

Group: NetSol Staff
Member No.: 6,342

QUOTE (pateacher @ Feb 23 2010, 06:07 PM) *
We are having the same problem at work . We have been using Outlook for years with NSmail. All of a sudden we can not send emails. I have checked and rechecked the settings. All are correct. Our ports are 110 and 25. We can recieve emails.

We are using Symantec and Sonic firewall. I have contacted them numerous times to see what has changed. They say that it is not with their software.

I set up the same Outlook account at home that I have at work. It works fine. I can send and receive with the same settings I have a work.

At work, when I test the account settings it says that it sees the outgoing server but can not connect. It tells me to check the SSL or the ports.

I am baffled and frustrated. My boss needs to send emails and is equally as frustrated. I imported her contacts into nsMail, but she needs to send out over 100 emails at a time so Outlook is the only way to go for the price. FREE.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am spending all of my time on this problem and not getting other important progects completed.

THanks

I would recommend that you enable authentication on the outgoing server and use port 2525 for the SMTP. That should clear up the issue.

I hope that helps.

+Quote Post
rcaldwell
post Feb 25 2011, 02:06 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 13,059

QUOTE (Susan013 @ Mar 3 2010, 12:39 PM) *
I would recommend that you enable authentication on the outgoing server and use port 2525 for the SMTP. That should clear up the issue.

I hope that helps.

i have been having a similar problem to the ones before. the settings you listed are what mine is set to. the error i get is

Task 'Ryan@rcaldwell.net - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

except the odd thing is that some days it doesn't send emails and other days it decides to. its only with sending email because everything else on my computer works fine.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 07:25 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates