Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 504 Gateway Timeout Error
MikeofTulsa
post Jul 19 2015, 10:53 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 24,262

Our company hosts our website through NS VPS server. We have encountered a 504 Gateway Time-out error and our website has been down for several days. We have not made any changes to our coding nor updated anytime recently.

I have called and spoke with tech support on several occasions. I was told the problem was that our plesk and virtuoso control panels were out of date. I did not feel comfortable attempting the upgrade myself so we paid for the mytime support to update the software. I was assured this would fix the problem. The upgrade has been completed per the email I received. Unfortunately, the problem has not been resolved. I have called tech support again and i have been given the run around every time I've called them. They tell me I have to contact the mytime support team for any further troubleshooting. Unfortunately they are not available over the weekend. Every minute that our site is down, the company is losing money.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Craig
post Jul 20 2015, 01:28 AM
Post #2

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1,317

QUOTE (MikeofTulsa @ Jul 19 2015, 11:53 PM) *
Our company hosts our website through NS VPS server. We have encountered a 504 Gateway Time-out error and our website has been down for several days. We have not made any changes to our coding nor updated anytime recently.

I have called and spoke with tech support on several occasions. I was told the problem was that our plesk and virtuoso control panels were out of date. I did not feel comfortable attempting the upgrade myself so we paid for the mytime support to update the software. I was assured this would fix the problem. The upgrade has been completed per the email I received. Unfortunately, the problem has not been resolved. I have called tech support again and i have been given the run around every time I've called them. They tell me I have to contact the mytime support team for any further troubleshooting. Unfortunately they are not available over the weekend. Every minute that our site is down, the company is losing money.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

The error you are getting is from the SSL proxy server. Your certificate should be installed directly on the VPS server, not on the SSL proxy used by our shared servers. When configuring your certificate, when choosing where it is hosted, you should have chosen "Other Hosting - including Network Solutions VPS."

I have already made a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) on the VPS and requested a reissue of the certificate so that it can be installed on the VPS.

Do you have your MyTime Support ticket number?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 28th June 2017 - 07:10 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates