Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How To Make The Sidebar Move Up And Down
wayne113
post May 14 2010, 03:39 PM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 9,575

Hello, I am currently making a site for my company. I am wondering if there is a way of making the sidebar move up or down as you scroll... Thank you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
martiniguy
post May 15 2010, 12:18 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 775

QUOTE (wayne113 @ May 14 2010, 03:39 PM) *
Hello, I am currently making a site for my company. I am wondering if there is a way of making the sidebar move up or down as you scroll... Thank you.

Hey Wayne, can you give a better description of what you want to do? When you scroll, the left and right columns do move up and down? Not really clear on what you want to accomplish.

+Quote Post
wayne113
post May 16 2010, 01:53 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,575

QUOTE (martiniguy @ May 15 2010, 12:18 AM) *
Hey Wayne, can you give a better description of what you want to do? When you scroll, the left and right columns do move up and down? Not really clear on what you want to accomplish.

I want to make the sidebar (home, contact us, etc) slide up or down as you move up or down the screen... some sites have that feature.... I was wondering if the Network solutions have that as well. Thanks.

+Quote Post
martiniguy
post May 16 2010, 04:41 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 775

QUOTE (wayne113 @ May 16 2010, 12:53 PM) *
I want to make the sidebar (home, contact us, etc) slide up or down as you move up or down the screen... some sites have that feature.... I was wondering if the Network solutions have that as well. Thanks.

Hey wayne113 - still no clear picture of what you are asking...but let me give it a shot.

Are you interested in keeping a particular item on screen in a fixed location even though the user is scrolling down? If that is what you are asking - the answer is both "yes" and "no." You are asking about a "floating layer."

That is accomplished with some javascript magic and certainly can be done, but you'll have to set up custom navigation or whatever you want to remain on screen...and it can be done. Take a look here: http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=4076

It is not a "feature" on this cart (or any other I am aware of) - so, its not "built in..."

Good luck with it.

(IMG:http://forums.networksolutions.com/style_emoticons/default/martiniemoticon.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 06:58 AM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates