Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Legitimate Emails Getting Caught In Ns Spam Filters
drs8117
post Mar 9 2010, 11:18 AM
Post #1

Group: Verified NS Member
Member No.: 7,797

I'm losing business with legitimate emails getting caught in NS spam filters.

Happens over and over - the system is so hamfisted at one time you were even blocking all inbound emails from the University of East Anglia, a large UK university, without any hint at all you were doing so.

Are NS ever going to give clients the ability to set-up their own white lists or even let us know what mail (legitimate or not) that you have arbritarily decided to delete?

Or is the only solution to find a better and more responsive email provider?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pmoney
post Mar 9 2010, 12:43 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,810

Same things here, we really need to get fax confirmations from our email to fax service, but they do not come in. I have confirmed several times with the faxing service that the emails are being sent. I have called NS and emailed them several times trying to get this resolved. I just get the runaround, it is like nobody knows what to do.

I wish I could just have access to a SPAM folder for my domain, then it would all be good. I'm going to give nsmail about another month to fix this, if it isn't... GMAIL here we come, company wide.

+Quote Post
OstranderConsult...
post Mar 21 2010, 12:01 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,670

I just got off the telephone with NS "support" which wasn't very supportive. I, too, have been missing emails that I know very well have been sent to me by clients and associates. I have even tested this myself with other accounts. I spent $1,500 with NS in 2009. I now believe that I very well may have lost at least that much this month alone in lost deals due to not getting my emails.

Whitelists would be an improvement, but what about emails from prospective clients - emails from people you don't know? A whitelist won't address that issue!

Bottom line is, I need to be the one who decides what is spam and what is legitimate. Besides, I still get a ton of spam in my Outlook, so the NS filter fails on all levels.

Thanks for nothing, NS. We will be parting ways very soon.

+Quote Post
mesotek
post Mar 24 2010, 03:35 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 8,733

Emails are not receiving & going to below mentioned ID's.

We are sending mails from impex@sweetind.com to
Incoming & outgoing mails problems:-
1) jyotik@technovaindia.com
2) shashankg@technovaindia.com
3) hiten@shubhamgroup.com
4) documents@ashutoshcfs.com

Big Shipping line Norasia :
5) booking_bom@csavagency-in.com
6) LIyer@csavagency-in.com
7) KAjara@csavagency-in.com etc

All the above mentioned emails are of big servers. Also we are facing problems from the incoming emails from Private id's like Yahoo, gmail etc. Currently, I am getting my work done by requesting the concerns of above mentioned to divert emails to my Personal ID yahoo with a cc to my office id.
But still the problem is not solved.

+Quote Post
Nico
post May 31 2011, 04:23 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 6,691

Same thing here. NS is not cheap and the service is bad and getting behind. Suggestions... try Microsoft Office 365 or Google Apps.

+Quote Post
TaroBear
post Jun 9 2011, 03:16 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 3,561

My vendors are all in different companies of Europe. Language can be a challenge in itself, much less having to deal with unreceived mail. I am losing money here, as orders I placed via email 2 weeks ago in preparation for a big sales event (trade show) are not going to be received on time. I have repeatedly been emailing my vendors asking them why they are not responding to me. Here I find that they have been responding, but NS is not allowing my legitimate business email through, yet ever since they installed this "filter" system, I have received much more SPAM than ever before!

Why is that? PLEASE let us do our own filtering, or else I will have to take my business elsewhere. I cannot afford to lose money like this because NS decides they want to censor my mail! Uggghhhh!

The mail I am not receiving is coming from france-cartes.fr

Can you please check this?

+Quote Post
AdFish
post Nov 26 2011, 08:52 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 15,463

We are having the same problem. As far as I am concerned it is my business to determine what email is spam and what is not. At the least, NS should provide each account with their own spam account and if they choose to filter same, place it in that account where I can then filter those emails which are legitimate against those that are not. In the same process I should be able to identify so called "spam" as legitimate and going forward have those emails delivered to my mail inbox. This is a very important issue for us and if it cannot be resolved we will have no choice but to make changes in our hosting and email accounts. Since we are also heavily involved in web design we will also have little choice but to recommend to our clients that they not use NS for any of their web hosting and email services due to this problem. NS needs to understand they are not the Guru's of spam management. I do not have this problem with the other email services that I use. Everyone allows me to review all presumed spam and manage the delivery of same as I see fit.

+Quote Post
BEARandbullshit
post Dec 27 2011, 09:03 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 16,127

QUOTE (AdFish @ Nov 26 2011, 09:52 AM) *
We are having the same problem. As far as I am concerned it is my business to determine what email is spam and what is not. At the least, NS should provide each account with their own spam account and if they choose to filter same, place it in that account where I can then filter those emails which are legitimate against those that are not. In the same process I should be able to identify so called "spam" as legitimate and going forward have those emails delivered to my mail inbox. This is a very important issue for us and if it cannot be resolved we will have no choice but to make changes in our hosting and email accounts. Since we are also heavily involved in web design we will also have little choice but to recommend to our clients that they not use NS for any of their web hosting and email services due to this problem. NS needs to understand they are not the Guru's of spam management. I do not have this problem with the other email services that I use. Everyone allows me to review all presumed spam and manage the delivery of same as I see fit.

I think it's absolutely disgusting that we can't manage our own spam. I'm also missing out on emails, and I'm not even informed of this fact until someone finds SOME WAY to contact me and tell me that I never wrote them back. I'm already seriously considering different hosting options in the future. I had no idea it was this bad when I signed on with NS. Something absolutely needs to be done about this.

+Quote Post
NYCQ
post Feb 2 2012, 02:50 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 16,455

I totally agree. I just switched to NS from another provider and it never even occurred to me to ask if I'd be able to access my own spam email - I've never encountered a situation where I couldn't. I REALLY don't want to switch all over again, but I've now missed 2 or 3 important emails in the 2 months I've been with NS. The last time was last week and they still haven't released the email to me. It's absolutely absurd!

And when I talk to customer service, they seem to think I'm crazy to want access to my own spam mailbox. This was email that was sent to me (whether or not it's spam) - is it legal for them to withhold it?

+Quote Post
tjandra
post Mar 5 2012, 02:58 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 16,771

So is this issue resolved yet?

Our company has the same issue too (IMG:http://forums.networksolutions.com/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Legitimate emails got lost, and we have no idea until the sender notified us (checking or following up). I even asked one sender to send one test email to both company email and my personal hotmail, and hotmail got it allright, but not my company email (IMG:http://forums.networksolutions.com/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post
justauser
post Mar 11 2012, 07:35 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 16,772

Due to the above we are currently moving off NS Mail to another provider. We cannot actually go on like this any longer.Mail appears to be stopped on a prety ad-hoc basis I am sure NS spam provider is wonderful, but from our POV they suck.
During the support call one of the reps tried to sell me an "upgrade"rather than concentrating on fixing the problem. It is this this lack of basic spam control (which is played as a security issue rather than lack of a basic feature), and the super hard-sell from reps, and via the site navigation itself has finally put a lid on it for me.
I would advise you to look hard at your situation here, and decide whether you would be better off somewhere else...
thanks

+Quote Post
itheadaches
post May 4 2012, 07:05 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 17,407

Sad to relate, the "spam" filters are in operation again - you have been warned. I have spent 20mins on hold, eventually speak to someone that then informs me that a further 24/48 hours before we get a response and what "I" can do to resolve the problem!! Client emails are being spammed by NS but not being bounced to these affected addresses so they don't know we haven't received messages. I was also informed that there is no particular "spamming" criteria or a policy document - beggars belief. Hair pulling and gnashing of teeth for another 2 days.

+Quote Post
Korey N
post May 5 2012, 12:06 AM
Post #13

Group: NetSol Staff
Member No.: 16,875

It is very normal for hosting companies to manage their own spam through a spam filter, mainly to maintain a secure environment for our servers.

If you are unaware of how the spam filter works. Basically when an address or domain is reported x amount of times the spam filter will pick up on this and block these emails from going through.

If you are having an issue with the spam filter our support team can look up blocked email within a 7 day period and remove the address from the spam list per your request.

+Quote Post
ParkerYamaha
post May 7 2012, 10:01 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 2,078

Yes way over kill on good emails and yet daily we get many in that are clearly spam and they come in no problem??
The N/S filters are the worst I have ever seen!
Dave

+Quote Post
Chintan
post Dec 14 2012, 02:41 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 19,620

Dear Sir
with ref to your below message you mean to say that each time we discover a email is getting "spam" we have to call? Sir, this is ridiculous because we not in the US and calling to US aint cheap. Secondly from the same sender certain emails are delivered but others are not. Why?
Its a price we idiots on this forum have to pay for using your Company's services when we have better companies and service providers. You have LOST one customer for sure. I know as a Company you will not be givn back my money but remember you made money off me only once but earned a lot of bad referrals for a long time.
and your support team is most unsupporting.
Thanks

QUOTE (Korey N @ May 5 2012, 01:06 AM) *
It is very normal for hosting companies to manage their own spam through a spam filter, mainly to maintain a secure environment for our servers.

If you are unaware of how the spam filter works. Basically when an address or domain is reported x amount of times the spam filter will pick up on this and block these emails from going through.

If you are having an issue with the spam filter our support team can look up blocked email within a 7 day period and remove the address from the spam list per your request.

+Quote Post
Laurie004
post Dec 20 2012, 11:09 AM
Post #16

Group: Validating
Member No.: 6,344

QUOTE (Chintan @ Dec 14 2012, 03:41 AM) *
Dear Sir
with ref to your below message you mean to say that each time we discover a email is getting "spam" we have to call? Sir, this is ridiculous because we not in the US and calling to US aint cheap. Secondly from the same sender certain emails are delivered but others are not. Why?
Its a price we idiots on this forum have to pay for using your Company's services when we have better companies and service providers. You have LOST one customer for sure. I know as a Company you will not be givn back my money but remember you made money off me only once but earned a lot of bad referrals for a long time.
and your support team is most unsupporting.
Thanks

http://forums.networksolutions.com/nsmail-...ded-t10470.html

+Quote Post
silliluz
post Dec 20 2012, 03:03 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 19,681

Add me to the list of people who aren't getting important emails. It's still hard to believe we don't have access to a simple spam filter so that we, the Network Solutions customers, are able to determine what is spam and what isn't. It's absurd to have to waste time calling "Customer Service" in order to simply get a client or vendor whitelisted. I could do that myself with my ancient dial-up account by logging into a filter.

How can you not offer such a basic service? My business operates on a shoestring budget as it is. I can't afford to switch to a new host.

Meanwhile, I've been waiting all day for a particular message that I know was sent and apparently Network Solutions decided it was spam and I can't do anything about it. This is ridiculous.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags
No Tag inserted yet

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version    Network Solutions © 2011 Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 10:23 PM
Domain Names | Web Hosting | Web Design | Shopping Cart Software | Online Marketing | SSL Certificates